The troubling trend of two pages for one scenario…

hayman

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
if it's slightly more than one page, squeeze it so that it fits on one page. If it's clearly more than one page, stretch it so that the two pages appear well-filled (dividing possibly the info pertaining to each side).
Sounds like a sensible rule of thumb.

Here's another: If you don't like two-card scenarios, don't play them. :whistle:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I prefer two pagers, as it means we can pull and sort counters separately instead of both players trying to jam counters onto the same card (and yeah, in these parts, you line up the counters on the images on the card)....

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Why not have the scenario printed back and front on the same card, but have two copies of the same card?

At least the scenario is together on the one card. I just can't stand trying to find the 2nd page of a scenario in amongst others I might not be playing.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Why can’t we have white counter core to match the scenario cards?

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Your all making mountains out of molehills guys . ???????

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Was thinking of designing an AP with SSR on a separate page from scenarios. 10 Scenarios in the pack...page with SSR sets labelled 1-10...roll a d10 to see which SSR set you use. Might not need a two pager for those scenarios.
Would you like suggestions for the SSRs? ;)

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi;

LFT made it even worse by including the extra pages of 3 scenarios on one page, and combined the extra pages of 2 scenarios on one page three times (6 total scenarios). So, the scenarios are split up all over the place.
Well, personally I don't find it difficult. These are only a few pages within a magazine. And there are many ways to do some kind of xeroxing at home and tape it below the scenario card, or whatever.

For me as a player, the multi-page scenario is the kiss of death.
Wow.... nothing less!

If like Evan you don't even look at them just because you think we haven't done our editor's job, I think this is very narrow minded and that you may miss good scenarios.

Perhaps I'm missing out on some great scenario but I do not care.
Well, if you don't care Evan, it's ok. There are some pretty good scenarios out there from plenty of publishers that fit on a couple of pages. But your call. Don't play them.

One sheet for a scenario is the standard, sure, even more for short scenarios. But if you want something with large OoB, or reinforcements, or long SSRs, 2 sheets may be necessary.

With more than 5000 scenarios out there, if we have printed 20 on several sheets, I don't think this neither too relevant nor THAT annoying.... But well, now we are aware that there are some players out there who really dislike them.

When I see those multi-page scenarios, I always wonder why the editor did not do his job.
So Schwerpunkt is the unique and only style of ASL scenarios, and Evan, you are the only editor doing his job? I think this assesment is quite presumptuous, but I may be wrong....

All the best,

X

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Was thinking of designing an AP with SSR on a separate page from scenarios. 10 Scenarios in the pack...page with SSR sets labelled 1-10...roll a d10 to see which SSR set you use. Might not need a two pager for those scenarios.
This is the greatest idea that's ever been had in the history of ASL, of course, but if I may make a suggestion:
Instead of rolling a d10 to choose a single SSR set, perhaps roll a d6 for each SSR set, and the rules come into play on a 3 or less? Then, instead of 100 possible combinations of scenario and SSR, you have 10240!

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Xavier, Evan as he has noted elsewhere is too busy PTing SP or Rally Point scenarios, that he has no time nor means to judge whether a 2 pages scenario (be it LFT, MMP, BFP, DftB, etc) is good, bad or neutral. I am not even sure he knows what other publishers are capable of "managing" to accomplish.

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Well, I think that the diversity we are all trying to provide is good for ASL. Saying that the editors are not doing their job is, let's say.... weird. Personnally, I wouldn't have stated about any other editor that "he's not doing his job".

I enjoy playing most of Schwerpunkt scenarios, but I wouldn't like to play ONLY their scenarios since I do like other styles as well.

HoB did great campaign games. LCP has started with scenarios packs and has been publishing for several years now a new type of products, with historical maps, sometimes counters and even CGs. BFP is nearly as good as we are (pun definitely intended ;) ) and can design monsters such as PiF as well as tiny scenarios, included in CoS or smaller products like Corregidor, ITR, and so many gems. Our Swedish friends have followed the path of Schwerpunkt with Tournament oriented scenarios. Let's see what the Italians who are developing some kind of "Operational ASL" will bring to the system. Vic have been releasing his Dispatches for years now, and his Bunker's scenarios are great. All these producers have their own style... I am sure I forgot others, but I say it again, it's our diversity that makes ASL so great.

So I can understand that for some people it may be annoying to have a scenario printed on separate sheets, but this won't make us stick to some other editor's style and will remain "Franc-Tireurs" :)

Anyway, Evan is a Tanker... I am a Marine ;)

Best,

X