The Tractor Works -- What's 'Sequential Setup'?

mindea

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm setting up this classic scenario, but can't find out what is meant by "Sequential Setup" and the bracketed numbers "Germans [226]" and "Russian [266]". Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Jeff Hallett
Private

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
mindea said:
I'm setting up this classic scenario, but can't find out what is meant by "Sequential Setup" and the bracketed numbers "Germans [226]" and "Russian [266]". Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Jeff Hallett
Private
Hello Jeff:

Sequential means you have to setup first the russian 308th group, then all the germans, and last the rest of russian OB. -i.e. not one side first and the other side second-

The bracketed numbers is explained in A16 Battlefield integrity optional rule. They are the total number of MMC BPV in the starting OB for each side.

Miguel.

Richard Weiley

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Jeff

The number is used to in calculations for Battlefield Integrity which as you'll see in the rule book is an optional (and rarely used) rule.

In this case sequential setup would refer to each playing setting up a portion of their OB in a set order. I don't have the specific scenario infront of me but I'm guessing it goes something like this.

Soviets setup the forces allocated to the factory building,

Germans setup some elements of their forces allocated to specific buildings,

Soviets setup their relieving force outside the factory.

Germans setup the remainder of their force.

Whatever the setup sequence it should be explained either in the SSRs or with the OBs.

Rich

Beardo1976

Reaction score
First name
Jason
Country
llUnited States
I played this one last weekend! Its a fun little scenario, but tough on the germans. All the russians are fanatic in the Tractor Works and they are a tough nut to crack. ROAR lists it almost 2-1 in favor of the russians, but I had a blast with it, good luck!

Jason

mindea

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
mgmasl said:
Hello Jeff:

Sequential means you have to setup first the russian 308th group, then all the germans, and last the rest of russian OB. -i.e. not one side first and the other side second-

The bracketed numbers is explained in A16 Battlefield integrity optional rule. They are the total number of MMC BPV in the starting OB for each side.

Miguel.
Thanks, Miguel. Ah yes. I see it now on the scenario sheet. Doh!!!

Jeff

Last edited: