The return of 1 inch square counters.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Bought 40 Nat sets? Time to start over with 1 x 1 inch counters coming back, along with 2.2 inch hexsides to hexide versions of the sweet 16 ASL maps.

Last edited:

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Can't post picture here..yesterday's emailer has a comparison photo. Personally I love Deluxe size hexes because you can use true line of sight instead of center dot to centerdot line of sight. It breaks ASL out of the hex and makes it a true miniatures game.
In my opinion 1x1 inch counters defeat the above effect, BUT they are great for players past 50.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Hmmm
Assuming you've bought all 40 NAT sets for Say $1,700 plus shipping....How many would pursue the same magnificent obsession at 1x1 counter size? Sound like Ray Would do this for Wehrmacht, Tanks, and Soviets. He's also talking doing boards 25-90 Deluxe size too, bot I think I'd stop at just boards 1-4 for the classic scenarios.

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Can't post picture here..yesterday's emailer has a comparison photo. Personally I love Deluxe size hexes because you can use true line of sight instead of center dot to centerdot line of sight. It breaks ASL out of the hex and makes it a true miniatures game.
In my opinion 1x1 inch counters defeat the above effect, BUT they are great for players past 50.
Are they the same size counters he did in the large version of ‘backhand blow’ Kharkov module? I picked this up and loved the counter size in this. I do agree though it would be expensive to supersize everything ie boards and re buy your counter collection. Although there would be people who would want to buy though. At least CH is offering options which is good to see.