The Results Are In!

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After a week of collecting data on The Grand Tuomo Experiment, the numbers have been crunched and The People Have Spoken:
  • 94% said Tuomo's commentary was "invaluable to the experience of enjoying IR Episode 25"
  • 85% said Tuomo's British accent was "completely believable and woulda fooled 'is own muddah, it would!"
  • 73% said Tuomo should skip working for Dave and Martin and immediately start his own video series
  • 68% said Tuomo should start getting paid in "shillings", whatever those are. Presumably some reference to Curt Schilling?
And with that, I think we can conclusively conclude that Episode 25 was the high point of the series to date. Thank you all.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After a week of collecting data on The Grand Tuomo Experiment, the numbers have been crunched and The People Have Spoken:
  • 94% said Tuomo's commentary was "invaluable to the experience of enjoying IR Episode 25"
  • 85% said Tuomo's British accent was "completely believable and woulda fooled 'is own muddah, it would!"
  • 73% said Tuomo should skip working for Dave and Martin and immediately start his own video series
  • 68% said Tuomo should start getting paid in "shillings", whatever those are. Presumably some reference to Curt Schilling?
And with that, I think we can conclusively conclude that Episode 25 was the high point of the series to date. Thank you all.
Fine job, please nit pick more.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Pffffft, not even close to your best work.... I'm lookin' for a flatulent rendition of Lili Marlene to be even close to Spuddy-worthy material.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pffffft, not even close to your best work.... I'm lookin' for a flatulent rendition of Lili Marlene to be even close to Spuddy-worthy material.
These are Britishers, Jazz. They're used to HIGH FALUTIN' STUFF. Lowbrow shticks that cater to an American audience will simply "not do" with this lot.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not "mum"?

And what's with "bruv"? Really?

I confess I find it fascinating what English football team I should root for, based on my American football preferences. Strictly speaking, and at the risk of being mocked mercilessly, I find "Queen's Park Rangers" to be a pretty badass name, but what the hell do I know. They probably haven't won any wickets since Senna was hoisting the Ashes for Old Barleycorn.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the answer for everybody is Liverpool. They must have excess Liverpool gear they're trying to unload.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the answer for everybody is Liverpool. They must have excess Liverpool gear they're trying to unload.
Oh Dear God. Liverpool for me too.

I am NOT gonna be a "Liverpudlian", whatever the EFF that is.

I'm gonna go with my instinct and stick with QPR.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Not "mum"?

And what's with "bruv"? Really?

I confess I find it fascinating what English football team I should root for, based on my American football preferences. Strictly speaking, and at the risk of being mocked mercilessly, I find "Queen's Park Rangers" to be a pretty badass name, but what the hell do I know. They probably haven't won any wickets since Senna was hoisting the Ashes for Old Barleycorn.
Mum is used across England as it is here in both the USA and Canada.

But if you really want that (east) London (Cockney) vibe go east of Covent Gardens down towards St Paul's and the Great Bend of the Thames. Elisa Doolittle territory.

Whatever you do,.... if you find yourself in the north, don't mention the word "Celtics" and "Rangers" in the same breath or pub.