The Puma Prowls Questions (armor newbies)

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Puma Prowls Questions:

Hi, we're a couple of newbies learning armor rules. :?

1)XOP overstack entrance:
How EXACTLY are Tom Repetti's Russians coming in on turn 1 overstacked in bypass without spending too many MPs? (2nd T-70 to enter EE5) in his masterful XOP? Can I have a full route with MP expenditure from someone for tanks moving into EE5?

2)Recall:
(a)What is defined as the Friendly board Edge(s) wrt recall in "The Puma Prowls" for each side?
-The entrance hex is "part" of "both" edges in this case. The XOP uses 22 east edge for Russians, 4 west edge for Germans.

(b)Can a recalled tank Stop if already in motion? Can it do doughnuts (spin VCA), or must it exit ASAP?

(c)Can an already in motion tank, in bypass, change VCA to turn around (180 deg)? (recalled tank)

(d)Is a recalled tank allowed to enter hex occupied by enemy AFV to turn around or does it just get abandoned?

3)Stream: Assumed shallow, treated as gully. 2MP to enter 5MP(4 for going up 1 elevation + COT of open ground) to exit?
Is entering and exiting in 1 MPh, considered abrupt elevation change?
Bog check DR bogs on 11 or less for T-70 when exiting? (+1 DRM for elevation change?)

4)Bridge:
(a)Bridge can only be entered/Exited via road hex as per Chapter K?
(b)Can a T-70 leave the bridge and drive from the bridge directly into the stone building?
(c)Can a tank/armored car go into the stream/gully of the bridge hex instead?

5)Immob Task Check: Can this be purposefully failed?
Eg: Opponent in in motion and has expended 2 MP is then immob by D1F MA shot. He wants to immediately bail out.
He passes the Immob TC and has the choice to man or ababndon but I believe he can't abandon immediately because MPs have been spent in that MPh. Correct?

6)Gun Duel: Is the Armor Leader -2 TH modifier is applied for determining who shoots first?

7)Bog/Stone Building: T-70 rolls entrance Bog Check DR and fails.
(a) He's now bogged and stopped in the stone building, correct?
(b)Can he now fire or does end of MPh for him mean he can't bounding fire?

Many thanks in advance. I think we're rules lawyers in training. :D

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
andy said:
2)Recall:
(b)Can a recalled tank Stop if already in motion? Can it do doughnuts (spin VCA), or must it exit ASAP?
(c)Can an already in motion tank, in bypass, change VCA to turn around (180 deg)? (recalled tank)
(d)Is a recalled tank allowed to enter hex occupied by enemy AFV to turn around or does it just get abandoned?
(a) Do not know, as I do not have the scenario.
(b)It must exit in as few MP as possible.
(c)No, it must either stop and use reverse, or enter a hex and turn around, or continue bypasssing all the way around the woods/building
(d)It must enter the hex if it is the fastest route to exit off-board.
andy said:
[3)Stream: Assumed shallow, treated as gully. 2MP to enter 5MP(4 for going up 1 elevation + COT of open ground) to exit?
Is entering and exiting in 1 MPh, considered abrupt elevation change?
Bog check DR bogs on 11 or less for T-70 when exiting? (+1 DRM for elevation change?)
Yes. No. Yes (assuming it is low ground pressure and no other EC DRM are in play).
andy said:
[4)Bridge:
(a)Bridge can only be entered/Exited via road hex as per Chapter K?
(b)Can a T-70 leave the bridge and drive from the bridge directly into the stone building?
(c)Can a tank/armored car go into the stream/gully of the bridge hex instead?
(a)Yes
(b)I do not know what the hexes in quesiton are, but a unit on a bridge must exit along the road.
(c)Yes, but not from the bridge location nor from the road hex that connects to the bridge.
andy said:
[5)Immob Task Check: Can this be purposefully failed?
Eg: Opponent in in motion and has expended 2 MP is then immob by D1F MA shot. He wants to immediately bail out.
He passes the Immob TC and has the choice to man or ababndon but I believe he can't abandon immediately because MPs have been spent in that MPh. Correct?
No. Passing an Immobilzation TC does not allow the choice. Failing it forces the crew to bail out immediatly, no matter how many MP have been spent.
andy said:
[6)Gun Duel: Is the Armor Leader -2 TH modifier is applied for determining who shoots first?
Yes, which is one reason why AL's are so damn powerful.
andy said:
[7)Bog/Stone Building: T-70 rolls entrance Bog Check DR and fails.
(a) He's now bogged and stopped in the stone building, correct?
(b)Can he now fire or does end of MPh for him mean he can't bounding fire?
(a)Yes
(b)the MPh is immediatly ended and he cannot BFF