The Pillars of the Earth

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Anyone watching The Pillars of the Earth TV mini-series? I highly recommend it as one of the best I've seen in recent years. It's on episode 4 or 5 right now and you really need to watch it from the beginning.

Official website.

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks interesting but crap, its on Starz and I don't subscribe. I guess I can wait for it to come out on DVD and get it through Blockbuster. Thanks for the tip though.

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I told my wife about it and she told me she did see the first episode when Starz had it on for non-subscribers. Of course you have to subscribe to see the rest. she says it is real good. She also read the book. Anna likes this period of history and reads a lot on historical novels on the period.

Cherper

Legend in my own mind
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Pillars of the Earth is one of the best books I have ever read. It is long, but the depth of the story is amazing. You get to see the sacrifice as these early-medieval builders learn their craft. Well worth reading. I don't have Starz so I can't comment on the series. I will have to wait for it too.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've been meaning to watch it. If it's half as good as Showtime's Tudors, I'll love it! In fact, I think I'll watch the first few episodes on demand now. :)

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
It's worth the wait, guys! Very good production....

:clown:

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've watched the first three episodes and it's not bad. It has a bunch of interesting plot points going, that's for sure. I'm just wondering how they're going to bring it all together in eight episodes? I fear they might have to rush through a lot of content.

Overall, though, I prefer the Tudors. That show was far more polished (PotE resembles a low budget SyFy series at times), the writing crisper (Michael Hirst is a master of the script!), and the acting superlative. I really miss that show now that it has ended.

Somehow, I've got to patiently await 2011 for the Borgias:

[video=youtube;ItLou92CsEM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItLou92CsEM[/video]