The People's Choice Awards: Who has contributed the most to ASL in the past 25 years?

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Re: The People's Choice Awards: Who has contributed the most to ASL in the past 25 ye

Awesome write-up!

I would mention that I believe Bruce Probst attended ASLOK in 2008, since we played a game.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff.

I missed 2008 (one of my sisters had cancer), so i evidently missed Bruce too. :(

He still gets the BattleDice though, even if he trounced you in the game. :laugh:

Hope to see you again next year.

In the meantime Merry Christmas and an awesome New Year!

Jeff Waldon

Reaction score
First name
Jeff
Country
llUnited States
Re: The People's Choice Awards: Who has contributed the most to ASL in the past 25 ye

He still gets the BattleDice though, even if he trounced you in the game. :laugh:

Hope to see you again next year.

In the meantime Merry Christmas and an awesome New Year!
Thank you, the same to you are yours!

By the way, I beat Bruce, the only game I won, at my first ASLOK as a newbie!

Jeff

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Thank you, the same to you are yours!

By the way, I beat Bruce, the only game I won, at my first ASLOK as a newbie!

Jeff
Let me guess, he set up his entire OB in foxholes... :bite:

Steve

CKibler

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

The People’s Picks
1. Apart from Don Greenwood, one of the names that appeared frequently in this thread was Charlie Kibler. Charlie is a special case. Although he has long been a hired gun—first as an employee of AH, and later as a contractor for MMP—he is the only remaining member of the AH cabal that started ASL. He worked alongside the likes of Don Greenwood, Rex Martin, and Bob McNamara back in the day. Many are familiar with his artistic talents, but fewer realize that he was also the lead developer of the first (and most famous) Historical ASL module, Red Barricades. I am also grateful for the succinct case put forward by Faded 8-1. His arguments in favour of Mr. Kibler made ignoring my criteria easier. So the first set of ASL Anniversary BattleDice goes to Charlie Kibler. Charlie, from everyone here on GameSquad and elsewhere, a heartfelt thanks.
http://www.charliekibler.com/
Wow! This came as a surprise, and an unexpected honor!! To even see my name on the same page as some of them others kind of blows me away.
Thanks for the thanks, and TIA for those special dice!

Charlie Kibler

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia

Let me guess, he set up his entire OB in foxholes...
I should think not ... it was only the epic failure of the

MOST AWESOME HUMAN WAVE EVER

that scuttled me in that game.

It was awfully fun, though, and I'd play Jeff again in a heartbeat (although that's true of pretty much everyone I played that ASLOK).

I am very surprised but grateful for the nod. I'm just one small cog in the great wheel that is ASL.

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Wow! This came as a surprise, and an unexpected honor!! To even see my name on the same page as some of them others kind of blows me away.
Thanks for the thanks, and TIA for those special dice!

Charlie Kibler
Very deserving, Grats Chuck!

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Aw man I was hoping Tate Rodgers was going to be awarded the dice.

Posthumously.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Gladly accepting my dice with a nod to Rodney for providing an opportunity to have fun with them map things, and with much appreciation for all the voters and Regular Joes.

You really like me?

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

:bounce: Six sets of Anniversary BattleDice shipped on Tuesday. :bounce:

We are still awaiting a reply from Jay Richardson, who may well be on holiday.

Roll aces!

Chris

ironmike1944

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Gentlemen,

I am, voting for myself. The screwups and losses that I suffered at the hands of mediocre opponents have become legendary. They have contributed greatly to the top notch ASL Players that we have today. Just ask Pleva or McGrath.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

The last of the Anniversary BattleDice (Jay's set) shipped yesterday.

Thanks for all the replies.

Happy New Year!

Chris

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Rodney Kinney and the VASSAL/VASL team. Beyond the design of the modules and the rules writing VASL has opened up the world of ASL to far more people than otherwise would have been imaginable and has undoubtedly lead to more grognards 'Keeping the faith.'

Cheers

Paul