THe Olympics

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
I enjoy watching American Football on TV....and wish we'd get some baseball to watch and try to learn a little more about.

Live though...**** there's no sport in the world that can compare to Football for the rush both pre-game, during the game, and post game.

I think it's the critical nature of goals that do it....in most (all) other ball games the scoring tends towards more intensive....rugby, cricket, baseball, basketball, all quite intensive games scoringwise....
In football a goal is a pretty massive thing. Comparatively quite rare actually given that you'll not normally see your team score more than one or two in a game....hence the overwhelming reaction from fans when one is scored.

When my team scored a winning goal at Wembley in 2008, I actually passed out....seriously....I celebrated so hard that the blood rushed to my head and I fainted....St John's Ambulance revived me. My kids thought I'd dropped dead

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Which sport's that ??
American Football. It came out that the Superbowl winners the year before last, the New Orleans Saints, had been paying defensive players a bounty for knocking key players from the opposition offence out of the game. Even drawing penalties within the game (which generally yields field position and often leaves possession of the ball with the opponent) was considered a worthwhile risk.

They should strip the Lombardi from them a la Melbourne Storm, and Aaron's observation that no criminal charges have be brought is also to the point.

Last edited:

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I enjoy watching American Football on TV....and wish we'd get some baseball to watch and try to learn a little more about.
"ESPN America" carries live baseball on Sky... Subscription required to the ESPN package.

I snipped the soccer stuff out.

Last edited:

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
A horse walks into a bar. The barman says, "Why the long face?"

The horse replies, "I came first in the Olympics and they gave the medal to the twat on my back."

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I was watching the women's hockey with my girlfriend and started taking the piss when they only got bronze.

"There's nothing wrong with bronze" she mocked "It's nothing to be ashamed of at all!"

Yet when I told her later that she's the third best girlfriend I've had, she went ****ing mental!

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
After watching the closing ceremony of the Olympics, I thought the look on the faces of the North Korean Athletes was very funny they seemed confused that all of the singers were doing covers of Kim jong-ils songs.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Liam Gallagher, Russell Brand, George Michael, Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell...

Christ, it's a good job they don't do drug tests for the closing ceremony.
Somebody rep vinnie for me that comment is Classic!!