The of Winter Scenario Questions

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the of Winter Scenario it states that only hex rows R through GG are playable. So when the Russians appear along the East edge, is that the east edge of the board, or the east edge starting at hex row R?

Also, the Dug in set-up for the Mark IV given in SSR2---Does the dug in Mark IV use one of the 6 trench counters provided in the German OB, or does the Dug-in status provide the Mark IV it's own Trench counter?

Finally a general question regarding any units entering along the edge of a board--Can units enter in column--as in one stack enters the first hex on the board's edge, moves to the next hex, then another stack enters the hex it just vacated? or are all entering units obliged to enter (more or less) abreast of one another when entering the edge of a board?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ded of Winter

My stupid net filter dropped "Ded" from my above post--I have to mispell it --Deceased? Bought the farm? ARRRGH!

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes: units may enter in "column" from offboard. They simply spend the extra MP/MF it takes to get to the board edge as the "column" moves forward.

Strange behavior from your net filter. Do you live near Columbine ?

da priest

Reaction score
Washing Machine Charlie said:
In the of Winter Scenario it states that only hex rows R through GG are playable. So when the Russians appear along the East edge, is that the east edge of the board, or the east edge starting at hex row R?
R, rest of map doesn't exist.

Also, the Dug in set-up for the Mark IV given in SSR2---Does the dug in Mark IV use one of the 6 trench counters provided in the German OB, or does the Dug-in status provide the Mark IV it's own Trench counter?
You don't use Trench for Dug-in: "D9.54 DUG-IN AFV: ...Place a Vehicle Crest counter (from WEST OF ALAMEIN) on the AFV to show its Dug-In status."

Finally a general question regarding any units entering along the edge of a board--Can units enter in column--as in one stack enters the first hex on the board's edge, moves to the next hex, then another stack enters the hex it just vacated? or are all entering units obliged to enter (more or less) abreast of one another when entering the edge of a board?
Careful here "Column" is a word of art in ASL, and can only be invoked by SSR. I assume you mean can off board units be set-up more than one hex from the entry edge, answer is yes, but must expend MFs to cover the extra hexes before entry.