The NFL 2011

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Its starts tonight! I can't wait.

My Super Bowl pick is my New York Jets vs the defending champion Green Bay Packers. What the hell - it is September, and i can hope. The NYJ will ned to have home games come January and that means beating out the Patriots for the AFC East - and that is a tall order. But if the Steelers or Chargers have to come to us this january - I liek our chances a whole lot better.

And if the Jets get back to the AFC title game - let's hope they finally play a complete agme - not just a first half like they did in 2009 or a second half like they did last winter.

Can't wait for Packers v Saints tonight at 8:30.

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Interesting Week 1.

The Jets defense gave up some big plays, but Revis stepped up with that late INT to set up the game winning field goal. Romo really choked the game away with the fumbl,e the pick and dropping the sanp with eight seconds left - but a win is a win in the NFL.

I can't beleive Pittsburgh got shelled by Baltimore the way they did (I thought that game would be way more competitive) and I am surpised Cinicannti defeated Celveland. Everything else pretty much plaeyd to form lyesetrday - and man: is it good to have the NFL back.

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Week 2 thoughts.....

The Lions look liek they could eb for real. QB has to stay healthy but tehy look pretty good. Tehir matchup wiht teh Bears on MNF in a few weeks shoudl be a realy intresting game.
Oakland -buffalo was a real barn burner. McFadden is the real deal at RB fo Oakland - not sure about the QB yet.
My Jets throttled the Jags defensively - but I'm still not ntus about what I see form teh offense. and Center Nick Mangold has a high ankle sprain and will sit a couple of weeks - not good with a tough road trip; at Oakland, at Baltimore and at new England coming up.

BitterPill

Reaction score
Looks like the Niners might make the playoffs. I admit to a sense of the surreal, as if I've been shunted into a parallel universe.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Very unhappy with the way that Steelers game ended last night. FFS, why gift Baltimore a 92 yard drive in the final minute? Seriously.

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like the Niners might make the playoffs. I admit to a sense of the surreal, as if I've been shunted into a parallel universe.
they may host a play-off game, too. Certainly helped Seattle last year.