The Newbie Tournament Rules!

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ok folks....here we go. This tournament will be a little different than the last ones we have run. This will not be an elimination tournament. There will be points assigned after the completion of each game. 5 points for a major victory, 4 points for a minor victory, 3 points for a draw, 2 points for a minor loss, and 1 point for a major loss.

All rounds will be paired by random draw, without anyone playing the same person twice.

The player with the most points at the end of the final round will be declared the winner.

We will go 5 rounds, so everyone should gain lots of experience in this.

I urge all players to ask other members not in the tournament for advice whenever they should need it. I'm sure most of the veterans of the club would be happy to help out. This way you gain even more experience. You may post a question on the forum, even if it means letting your opponent see it, or you can send a private message to one of the veterns.

Any veteran members interested in letting a tournament player contact you for some help, please post a note on this thread.

The scenarios will be fairly small, to keep things moving smooth.

I will announce the first round pairing shortly, along with the name of the first scenario. We will be using West Front for this tournament.

Please follow the rules I will list below.

1) No removing units of any kind from the map.
2) Units without a firing capability may not be used for for drawing OP fire unless they are loaded, or assisting in an assault.
3) All optional rules must be turned on for all games by both players
4) No-one can forfeit a game. All games must be completed by both players to keep it fair for everyone
5) No-one shall post any negative comments about other players on the forum(trash talk excluded)eg: concerns over fairness of play or length of turn play. All complaints or problems must be directed to me by PM or email only.
6) If a game is not finished by the completion date set by me, then the score at that time will be used.
7) All participants will receive 80 ladder points after the completion of the tournament.
8) The winner will receive an additional 50 ladder points. The runnerup will receive an additional 30 ladder points.

I think that about covers it for now. If you have any questions or comments before we get started....please post them here.

Now clean your barrels and grease your tank tracks....you're about to go to battle.

Cheers,
Ray

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I am also available for advice if someone needs it. Any advice I give may only be used for the purpose of good. And no animals may be hurt. :D

Cheers,
Ray

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have drawn the namess and sides. The first round scenario is: Task Force Lovelady. 12 turns Sept/44

Your round must be completed by June 19/05

Please contact your opponent A.S.A.P. (PM), to make sure email spam issues or whatever are not going to be an issue.

The first name listed in the matchups will be the Allies going first.

Michammer vs Paulinski
Abitis vs Jefferylau
Ensayn vs Full Monty
Spartan vs John Given
Jesdazone vs Gnrl Confusion

Please remember...if there is a problem other than a strategic question....email or pm me direct. Do not post on the forum. If you haven't read the rules yet....then do so before you begin.

Good luck to all.

Cheers,
Ray

Last edited:

John Given

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
First noob question of the tourney: when we have finished a scenario, does the winner (or the one who moved first in case of a draw) simply;

1. post the results on the regular ladder, or

2. send you (Krink) a private e-mail, or just

3. post the results on the forum? Or a combination of the above?

I was kinda confused about that part.

Let's get ready to rrruummmble! :freak:

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
John Given said:
First noob question of the tourney: when we have finished a scenario, does the winner (or the one who moved first in case of a draw) simply;

1. post the results on the regular ladder, or

2. send you (Krink) a private e-mail, or just

3. post the results on the forum? Or a combination of the above?

I was kinda confused about that part.

Let's get ready to rrruummmble! :freak:
Good question....why didn't I think of that? :cheeky:

Both players need to send me the results of the game when finished by pm or email.

You may of course post your results on the forum, and even talk about the match. I'm sure the other players would find it interesting to read other players experiences with the same scenario, and what plan each used.

Cheers,
Ray

Ensayne

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ensayne-Full Monty Status Report - Final

This round is complete. Allies final score 179, a draw. We could have done so much better if Full Monty had just retreated. Instead he chose to fight back. This threw off our entire battle plan, which originally consisted of several victory parades.

Our engineers are very happy. They can now concentrate their efforts on more critical objectives. With welcome German assistance, the still is now operating 24/7.

Last edited:

Full Monty

Reaction score
Country
ll
Good start!

It seems we have a problem. I get to the 'do you wish to see the battle replay' screen but when I click 'yes', the game crashes. I tried this on my XP drive and my 98 drive and got the same result both times. :OHNO: :angry:

I'm patched to 105 btw if this helps.

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Full Monty said:
Good start!

It seems we have a problem. I get to the 'do you wish to see the battle replay' screen but when I click 'yes', the game crashes. I tried this on my XP drive and my 98 drive and got the same result both times. :OHNO: :angry:

I'm patched to 105 btw if this helps.
Monty....it's definitly something wrong at your end. I just loaded the file on my machine and it worked perfectly. Maybe try to reinstall WF. I don't know of too many compatability issues with WF. Maybe Mr. Petho knows what the problem might be.

Cheers,
Ray

Spartan

Reaction score
Country
ll
Spartan v John Given Turn 4

Hi John, bit of a shock then ur armour looks very effective against my pea shooters.

Last edited:

Full Monty

Reaction score
Country
ll
Krink said:
Monty....it's definitly something wrong at your end. I just loaded the file on my machine and it worked perfectly. Maybe try to reinstall WF. I don't know of too many compatability issues with WF. Maybe Mr. Petho knows what the problem might be.

Cheers,
Ray
I know it's probably my end. What worries me is that I've got two different installations of the game, but both give me the identical problem, even down to staining all the text boxes brown on the desktop until I re-boot :laugh:

John Given

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey spartan, I've e-mailed my turn to you using the e-mail you have on your forum profile. If that e-mail is no longer valid, please let me know.

Happy gaming all! :)

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Full Monty said:
I know it's probably my end. What worries me is that I've got two different installations of the game, but both give me the identical problem, even down to staining all the text boxes brown on the desktop until I re-boot :laugh:

Try putting this map of the scenario in your WF folder, than retry the game. Be sure you put it in the right installation folder to play from. I don't know why you have it installed twice...but to each there own. :cheeky:

Cheers,
Ray

Last edited:

michammer

Reaction score
Country
ll
Paulinski said:
Michammer did you get my turn?
Cheers
Paul
Paul,

I haven't received it yet. Try again, and if I don't get it, I will give you my work email and we can see if that works.

Andy

EDIT - Paul, I have now received your turn.

Last edited:

Full Monty

Reaction score
Country
ll
Krink said:
Try putting this map of the scenario in your WF folder, than retry the game. Be sure you put it in the right installation folder to play from. I don't know why you have it installed twice...but to each there own. :cheeky:

Cheers,
Ray
I'll try it and report back :salute:

I actually have the game installed three times ..... but they're all different systems :)

Full Monty

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hmmm, progress of sorts. On Ensayne's suggestion I downloaded the save from here as well as the map provided by Krink. The 1st turn replay actually started but within seconds the game crashed again :argh:

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Full Monty said:
Hmmm, progress of sorts. On Ensayne's suggestion I downloaded the save from here as well as the map provided by Krink. The 1st turn replay actually started but within seconds the game crashed again :argh:

Hi Kevin,

Try starting the same scenario as a new game, can you play it? Does this happen with any other scenarios? Could be the patch was bad. I'm leaning towards a clean install, as I'm assuming you haven't been having problems until this scenario(?)