The Movie -- Team America

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
I just watched yesterday .. (well, not too soon .. )

Apparently I was amused a lot... but I wonder maybe some or even many will feel offended by this movie... and this movie can be interpretted in many ways ---- even exactly opposite ways. Just want to hear some comments from you guys .... no flaming pls :D

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
ER_Chaser said:

Apparently I was amused a lot... but I wonder maybe some or even many will feel offended by this movie... and this movie can be interpretted in many ways ---- even exactly opposite ways. Just want to hear some comments from you guys .... no flaming pls :D
I feel offended :D and I completely disagree with you. If you say yes I say no. :mad: :D

(did I say I didnot see the movie...) :D

Patrocles

Reaction score
ER_Chaser said:

ha ha! I'm going this weekend...if work allows it. The film reviews have been good - fair. The creators hold nothing sacred so everything is fair game to attack. Word on the street is that it is worth seeing, but don't except something as good as the South Park film ("blame Canada! blame Canada" was the song from that film)

With the theme song of "America, f**k yeah!" how can you go wrong with TA!? :laugh:

don't give away any spoilers! :laugh:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I saw the film on Monday of the first weekend. It is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I can't stand South Park, but they got it with this one.

Without giving anything away, no-one is unscathed by the humor. True, there is stereo-typing galore, but that goes for America too. Reviews have covered this, so I don;t feel restricted. The team destroys a number of international landmarks, without batting an eye. That kind of attitude is pretty common in the US, "...we got the bad guys, don't complain about how we did it." I can't say I like it or agree with it, but it is pretty accurate, as far as stereo-typing goes.

The bottom line here is to be able to laugh at yourself, and take it all with a grain of salt.

Do not take your kids. The R rating is quite accurate. My kids were very disappointed. They understand why they can't see it, but they are still upset, being that they like South Park. If you are easily offended by course humor, or racial or national stereo-typing, don't go. Whatever you believe, remember this is a film made in America, following American ideals. Basically, free speech. I do not believe the creators were espousing any kind of kill'em all concept. They saw irony and an opportunity to lampoon, and they ran with it...all the way.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To be honest, I think this felt flat compared to the episodes of south park in the last season. In this the jokes were pretty predictable and after the initial premise, you got what they were going for and didn't necessarily need a whole movie for it. I'm not saying it wasn't funny or enjoyable, but I think they've been far more clever in a single episode of south park than they were in the movie.

RetPara

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Its funny as hell... reviews from some folks in Mosul, put it right up about 9...

Patrocles

Reaction score
Iron Mike USMC said:
I saw the film on Monday of the first weekend. It is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I can't stand South Park, but they got it with this one.

Without giving anything away, no-one is unscathed by the humor. True, there is stereo-typing galore, but that goes for America too. Reviews have covered this, so I don;t feel restricted. The team destroys a number of international landmarks, without batting an eye. That kind of attitude is pretty common in the US, "...we got the bad guys, don't complain about how we did it." I can't say I like it or agree with it, but it is pretty accurate, as far as stereo-typing goes.

The bottom line here is to be able to laugh at yourself, and take it all with a grain of salt.

Do not take your kids. The R rating is quite accurate. My kids were very disappointed. They understand why they can't see it, but they are still upset, being that they like South Park. If you are easily offended by course humor, or racial or national stereo-typing, don't go. Whatever you believe, remember this is a film made in America, following American ideals. Basically, free speech. I do not believe the creators were espousing any kind of kill'em all concept. They saw irony and an opportunity to lampoon, and they ran with it...all the way.
thanks for the review!

yeah, I read about the opening scene in France...sounds hilareous!!

Has anyone seen the SNL Robert Smiegel puppet cartoon "The Go-Lords?" Quite amusing, too!