The "missing" red "L".

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry if this has been addressed previously. I did a quick scan on the forums and got ho hits on this topic.
I was going through Chapter C to refresh my memory on some of the rules. In C13.1 it states that all of the C3 TH modifiers that apply to LATW's are listed on the C3 TH Table with a "red L".
Hmmm.
I see LOTS of green "L" letters on the chart, but not one single red "L". I double-checked my old copy of the chapter C rules and it reads the same. Did we all miss this for all these years, or did we just assume "red" really meant "green"?
I've been applying the DRM's out of habit so no issues there....just never noticed the "red" and "green" issue before. Seems odd that the updated Chapter C rules missed this little quirk.....which I have been called on numerous occasions. Chas?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
You are probably looking at the late-model Chapter C chart. The early model and the QRDC (both early and late) use a red "L".

JR

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The one printed on pink paper (the old QRDC) does have red "L".....but the ones printed on blue paper all have green "L".
Soooo....since the red "L" are missing from the chart, and the rule specifies "red" does that mean I can avoid applying those TH DRM's when using any LATW? :)

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Soooo....since the red "L" are missing from the chart, and the rule specifies "red" does that mean I can avoid applying those TH DRM's when using any LATW? :)
Yes, but it's much simpler just to scratch them out from all your charts. That way when your opponent grabs another one to double-check, the results are consistent.

JR