The Mila 18 NoNsEnSe thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
<catches breath> hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Jets suck!

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
It ain't about the stats with him. "Just win baby" has moved to Denver for the time being.
Die hard Broncos fan here. Winning is nice, but I don't much care about going 9-7, really. Gotta be thinking about winning rings. Tebow may win some games, but is that skillset going to beat good teams in the playoffs? I doubt it. And running quarterbacks are a thing of the past in the NFL for a simple reason: they can't stay healthy :)ciao: Mike Vick)

S

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Die hard Broncos fan here. Winning is nice, but I don't much care about going 9-7, really. Gotta be thinking about winning rings. Tebow may win some games, but is that skillset going to beat good teams in the playoffs? I doubt it. And running quarterbacks are a thing of the past in the NFL for a simple reason: they can't stay healthy :)ciao: Mike Vick)

S
No that's just payback, seems someone in high places likes dogs:devious:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

S
Vick is a small guy. Tebow isn't.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

S
McNabb took Philly to four straight NFC title games. He's never been accurate.

I'd hate to be a Denver fan or Elway. Tebow is ugly, but a winner, but for how long? Do you set your team back another year waiting to see if he has what it takes? A team that stops the run and contains the pocket will crush him... see Detriot.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
McNabb took Philly to four straight NFC title games. He's never been accurate.

I'd hate to be a Denver fan or Elway. Tebow is ugly, but a winner, but for how long? Do you set your team back another year waiting to see if he has what it takes? A team that stops the run and contains the pocket will crush him... see Detriot.
McNabb: Not accurate, but strong. And I've always thought him overrated. Product of a team with a great defense for the most part. Done precisely d*ck since leaving there. Tebow, OTOH, has a fairly weak college arm, IMO.

I agree, re: your assessment. Hating it myself right now. :angry:

S

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
McNabb: Not accurate, but strong. And I've always thought him overrated. Product of a team with a great defense for the most part. Done precisely d*ck since leaving there. Tebow, OTOH, has a fairly weak college arm, IMO.

I agree, re: your assessment. Hating it myself right now. :angry:

S
Remember a QB is good for a certain style of play. mcNab could move the ball slowly but that gave his defence a time to rest, they would then come on and win the game. A quick firing higher scoring QB would, to my mind, not have been so good for that team.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Remember a QB is good for a certain style of play. mcNab could move the ball slowly but that gave his defence a time to rest, they would then come on and win the game. A quick firing higher scoring QB would, to my mind, not have been so good for that team.
"Overrated" doesn't mean bad. He was a capable NFL quarterback and those are in short supply. But he's been talked about as a real great and I've never seen it. He managed to win with a great D and a good system. I don't think he sucks, I just never thought him a superstar.

S

Status
Not open for further replies.