The Mila 18 NoNsEnSe thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pretty @#$%ing lame. You'd think that a cable network would welcome the chance to fill a 4-5 hour block on a day that generates minimal ratings at best.
Another reason I don't miss the cable after I cut it . More channels of nothing.
But- maybe they realize every ASLer (the only people left who would watch TLD?) already own a a DVD/VHS copy...

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You F'ers still here??

A few weeks will mark the 1 year anniversary of my last scenario. Maybe hanging out with you ladies will inspire me to play again.

So, what have I missed? :)

Last edited:

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
You F'ers still here??

A few weeks will mark the 1 year anniversary of my last scenario. Maybe hanging out with you ladies will inspire me to play again.

Not much. Jazz is now a poacher turned gamekeeper, the moral majority hold sway every where apart from here and SPAMETO is still the watchword. Fun suckers are everywhere, but pockets of resistance remain.

Why no ASL?

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You F'ers still here??
No one else would have us... :cry:
That almost makes it sound like you knew how to play at some point. Almost. :devious: Shouldn't you be playing the wheels off Suicide Creek? Slacker...
Fez's head exploded in the flamethrower thread. Jazz & I did our part to help. Who knew he was like the alien in Men in Black that can spontaneously regrow a head? :nuts: Celts coming up short likely caused another blow out last night. :crosseye: I think you missed 2 Black SS are evil/wonderful threads, 3 IFT/IIFT skirmishes & 8 counter storage threads. Other than that, not so much...

Welcome Back...

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The damn Celtics make me want to pull my eyeballs out of my friggin' head. :freak: :mad:
Annoying game last night (and that's from more a Laker Hater than a true Celts fan - I can only imagine for you). Ray-Ray couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Pierce was MIA much of the game 'cept for a couple big treys. The Celt big men (most Perkins & Big Baby) just seemed a step slow finishing - I was amazed how often they were going to those 2 down the stretch. Just could never quite get over the top. And to have D-Fish be the one that comes up big in the 4th made it all the worse.

My condolences. Celts have to win the next 2 to make a series & I'm not sure they have it in them unfortunately. At the moment I'd guess they win 1 and lose in 6 back in LA. Kobe repeating? Ugh. Does Chris Wallace get a ring this time? They really should acknowledge his role in their fortunes properly...

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
You F'ers still here??

A bunch of stuff about Glenn's momma

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
No one else would have us... :cry:

That almost makes it sound like you knew how to play at some point. Almost. :devious: Shouldn't you be playing the wheels off Suicide Creek? Slacker...

Fez's head exploded in the flamethrower thread. Jazz & I did our part to help. Who knew he was like the alien in Men in Black that can spontaneously regrow a head? :nuts: Celts coming up short likely caused another blow out last night. :crosseye: I think you missed 2 Black SS are evil/wonderful threads, 3 IFT/IIFT skirmishes & 8 counter storage threads. Other than that, not so much...

Welcome Back...
You forgot Portal crying about MMP yet again :hissyfit:

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You F'ers still here??

Wow.....just too many other things going on?

LOTS of new ASL stuff. Scott Holst has NOT gotten himself kicked off. Curt Schilling still rocks (although I wonder if he ever plays anymore?....ok, that hasn't changed either.)

Oh, and if you ever play again, I'll sing LA MARSAILLES for you at our next tourney together....

Mark DV
Ada, MI

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Annoying game last night (and that's from more a Laker Hater than a true Celts fan - I can only imagine for you). Ray-Ray couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Pierce was MIA much of the game 'cept for a couple big treys. The Celt big men (most Perkins & Big Baby) just seemed a step slow finishing - I was amazed how often they were going to those 2 down the stretch. Just could never quite get over the top. And to have D-Fish be the one that comes up big in the 4th made it all the worse.

My condolences. Celts have to win the next 2 to make a series & I'm not sure they have it in them unfortunately. At the moment I'd guess they win 1 and lose in 6 back in LA. Kobe repeating? Ugh. Does Chris Wallace get a ring this time? They really should acknowledge his role in their fortunes properly...

What stinks is Donaghy, like Canseco however distasteful that it may be, is probably more on target than anyone wants to realise. There's a local sports guy who has picked the winner of most of the playoff games based on the officiating crew. Now, thT doesn't imply that the Celts were 'robbed' or didn't play inconsistent, but look at these factoids:
1. Kobe said he "wouldn't expect to have 5 fouls next game."
2. Crybaby Phil whined about DFish being called for trying to bull his way through screens.
3. one of the refs hates Doc Rivers; he's the ref who famously was reprimanded by the league this year for baiting Doc into a BS T that got him ejected
4.Crybaby Phil whined abouot his guys being in foul trouble.

results:
1. Kobe had 2 PFs and got the benefit of a few featherduster fouls (the foul on Rondo was absurd)
2. The Celts were called for glacial (and, admittedly a few deserved) movement on screens which allowed DFis to operate as if the Celts were negligent in setting screens at all, while on their end, Work Release Ron is allowed to knee Ray in his Junk (foul on Ray for having his 'nads hit Artest's wandering right leg) and trip and pull Pierce to the ground (his flopping past perhaps catching up here) fort Pierce's quick 5th at the start of the 4th Q. Didn't heat Cry Baby whine about the officiating last night, did we?
3. That one ref (name escapes me..) was the guy making most of the head scratching calls. Even Kobe's ball sack polishers in the booth were questioning the calls.
4. The Celtics had 4 players with 4+ fouls (2 w/4, 2 w/5). LA had 2.

Just some other brief obs:

1. Kobe had the most underwhelming 29 point game I've ever seen (well, not true..I had a girl score 30...on 55+ shots...and 10 of the 30 were free throws...ugh). Everyone wants to to proclaim Kobe series MVP already while in truth Gasol/Bynum-and DFish last night, have truly been the Laakers MVPs.
2. Nice to see the KG of old and not the old KG...
3. Artest finishing a game without fouling out is an indictment on the poor officiating.
4. The Celts need more Tony Allen on Kobe (untl he kicks him in the face/neck, anyway) and Nate Robinson.
5. Losing to the Lakers is a soul scarring ordeal....

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, the NBA officiating is troubling - lots of weak/marginal calls that seemed to go against the Celts last night. Last game the same could likely be said they went against LA (Kobe's #5 was imaginary - although they refused to call #6 when he did foul overtly getting a key stop). Why they'd let a guy ref a game who has a known grudge vs. a team is mystifying and part of why most people believe that if one Big 4 sport is fixed, it's the NBA. Phil whines to get the calls the next night - he's always done it and it seems to work. Not sure why, but it does.

They seem to desperately want Kobe to be the star, but he had a terrible 4th Q - DFish carried 'em and hit the big buckets. It's amazing how often Kobe has failed in the clutch this post season & been picked up by a teammate. Gasol had the follow vs. OKC to win & Kobe AIR BALLED the game winner vs. Phoenix in that key game 5 only to see Artest bail him out. And yet no one notices (or at least talks about it) since the Lakers continue to win. Kobe will win the MVP, if the Lakers hang on (I still hold out hope the Celts can win the next 2 & then have a puncher's chance to take 1 in LA).

KG looked great. As did Rondo. More Nate means less Rondo though & I'm not sure that's a good solution for the Celtics unfortunately. 'Course if Ray-Ray goes 0-fer again, it's tough to argue against playing the 2 points together on occasion - Rondo's is freakishly long for a relatively short guy & could do OK on Kobe I guess...

'Course I'm mostly stunned that Coach Fezz let a girl on his team score 20 from the field on 55 shots. That's an 18% FG% presuming she didn't hit a 3 & only took 55 shots. Guess I should compliment your conditioning program - impressive that she had the stamina to shoot the rock that much! :laugh: I can only assume you only had 5 that night and thus you couldn't bench her for gunning constantly. I'd likely have been tempted to play short handed awhile to prove a point. :devious:

Status
Not open for further replies.