The Mila 18 NoNsEnSe thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjsloki

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Ohhh, ASL players make me sooo hot...

Good news, another Engineers guide to cat yodeling!!!!

[video=youtube;aEjKk5Kt3rs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEjKk5Kt3rs&feature=PlayList&p=1560FC7F392E4D0C&playnext_from=PL&index=2[/video]

Last edited:

cjsloki

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

There is even a voting guide!!!
[video=youtube;3-0-WPoq0UM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-0-WPoq0UM&feature=PlayList&p=1560FC7F392E4D0C&playnext_from=PL&index=5[/video]

Earthpig

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Good news, another Engineers guide to cat yodeling!!!!

[video=youtube;aEjKk5Kt3rs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEjKk5Kt3rs&feature=PlayList&p=1560FC7F392E4D0C&playnext_from=PL&index=2[/video]
I'm waiting on a "Cats Guide to Neutering Engineers with the Claws God Gave You."

Roadtogundagai

Panty Sniffer
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Country
llNew Zealand

Didn't that hurt a little?:hmmm:
Not once you get used to it :crosseye:

I also got the occasional HORN over Sybil (Prunella Scales). Something about the uptight be-atch character she played gave me massive HORN.

I had a very disturbed upbringing.

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand

Not once you get used to it :crosseye:

I also got the occasional HORN over Sybil (Prunella Scales). Something about the uptight be-atch character she played gave me massive HORN.

I had a very disturbed upbringing.

I think Manuel still gives Psycho the horn.

Polly does it for me......

Roadtogundagai

Panty Sniffer
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Country
llNew Zealand

Tragedy strikes. Pete Phillipps will be in mourning.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/tyne/8696240.stm
This quote stunned me:

"There's more Newcastle Brown Ale drunk now in America than is drunk in Britain and perhaps if Geordies had supported it a bit more in recent years then it would have still been around in Tyneside."

Could the yanks have finally figured out what decent beer tastes like?

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

This quote stunned me:

"There's more Newcastle Brown Ale drunk now in America than is drunk in Britain and perhaps if Geordies had supported it a bit more in recent years then it would have still been around in Tyneside."

Could the yanks have finally figured out what decent beer tastes like?

No. It will be a low alcohol version. I've drunk several importedd (to the US) beers in the US which are good here but lousy there. The problem came down to limited alcohol content. It may have changed since I was last there but I've yet to find a satisfying beer when in the US. Newky Broon will be the same.

Roadtogundagai

Panty Sniffer
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Country
llNew Zealand

No. It will be a low alcohol version. I've drunk several importedd (to the US) beers in the US which are good here but lousy there. The problem came down to limited alcohol content. It may have changed since I was last there but I've yet to find a satisfying beer when in the US. Newky Broon will be the same.
It is sacrilegious to mess with the nectar that is Newky Brown. Love that beer :drink:

Reaction score

How high is the alcohol content supposed to be? It is 4.5% in the U.S.

One of the problems is that some state laws require beer to be labelled as "malt liquor" if the alcohol content exceeds a certain percentage. I'm not sure of the %, but Lowenbrau Oktoberfest is one of the beers affected by this, just for example.

I was an exchange student at the University of London during the heighth of the "real ale" movement. (I lived on Gower Street near the Dillon's Bookstore.) I can't remember what we usually drank. Boddington's maybe?

Last edited:
Reaction score

The biggest difference in UK and US drinking culture is the relative differences between bars & pubs v. liquor stores & off-licenses.

Unless things have changed dramtically in the last twenty years, American bars are generally very different from pubs. The "wine bar" doesn't really exist on any real scale in the US. Bars serve everything, which means they specialize in nothing. In many parts of the country, drinking in bars is considered a "lowlife" activity. When you enter most bars in the midwest and midsouth, the typical clientele will be well under 30. It's a little different on the coasts.

OTOH, American liquor stores put off-licenses to shame. It's not unusual to find liquor stores that carry hundreds of different brands of beer in a large town or small city. There is a liquor store five blocks from my house that is at least three times bigger than any off-license I ever saw in London. I live in a city of just under 100,000 people, and this isn't even one of the bigger stores in town. A big reason is the microbrewery boom.

Bottom Line: I think most Americans drink in private homes, and you wouldn't necessarily know what they are drinking in terms of brand, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.