Not open for further replies.

Dave Olie

High King of New Scotland
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
...dont make 'em like this anymore...

[video=youtube;pAVhKjsImeI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAVhKjsImeI[/video]
That's true, and that's good music, but I really have to wonder...

That concert was about 45 years ago.

Did our parents listen to their parents' music? Sure they did, a bit, but mostly they were looking for something new, which is what led to rock and roll.

What about our grandparents? There were lots of new sounds in their day; jazz, swing, and so on. And for the most part they ditched the old stuff in favor of what was new.

And here we are today, still grooving to what was current in our parents' day. Modern music has become stagnant. We're still looking backwards to what is familiar rather than looking forwards to the next new thing. It's sad.

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Modern music has become stagnant. We're still looking backwards to what is familiar rather than looking forwards to the next new thing. It's sad.
There's some great music out there these days, but there's a limit to how new the rocky/bluesy band-with-guitars can be. Maybe our kids will post the same crap about fantastic Glasvegas or Snow Patrol or The Fratelli's are......

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And here we are today, still grooving to what was current in our parents' day. Modern music has become stagnant. We're still looking backwards to what is familiar rather than looking forwards to the next new thing. It's sad.
Depends on how old your parents are...my parents didn't listen to any of my music, of course I am 50, I might be as old as your parents. My kids don't listen to my music either...the excpetion being my twin boys...I almost have them hooked on Lead Zep.

I like classic rock "style"...including southern rock. I can not stand rap music in any way shape forum.

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Happens to all New Zealanders sooner or later. Lie on our beaches getting our social security. Sound pretty good actually......

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
She sure seems to be enjoying herself, doesn't she? It don't help things either! :kotz:
From that description, I'm happy my work filter is protecting me from certain images...

'Course now I'm imagining the horror & what if I'm thinking of something worse? :hmmm:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
From that description, I'm happy my work filter is protecting me from certain images...

'Course now I'm imagining the horror & what if I'm thinking of something worse? :hmmm:
The title of the video is: Funny Fat Lady Exercising, HILARIOUS!

Picture the Roethlisberger chick exercising and enjoying it the whole time. It's kinda like Elaine dancing except some chick swallowed Elaine... or a dozen Elaines! :hog:

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Ran out of sheep? Crocodile Dundee 4 Opens in theaters? ASL Tourney?
Worse. Trying to get some consultancy work - they want me to go and work there permanently though, hopefully I can persuade them differently or we may have to move to sunny Brisbane....... although it's raining here, something I haven't see for months!

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Worse. Trying to get some consultancy work - they want me to go and work there permanently though, hopefully I can persuade them differently or we may have to move to sunny Brisbane....... although it's raining here, something I haven't see for months!
What about the vineyard!?!??

Status
Not open for further replies.