The Mila 18 NoNsEnSe thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Life is like a box of chocolates.

We don't do Valantines Day much at our home. I made the missus her favorite dinner and we shared a nice bottle of wine. She then gave me my present, a movie collection incldui8ng Kellys Heros, The Dirty Dozen and Where Eagles Dare. Life is full of nice little surprises!

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
NASCAR and the Daytona 500.

I spent three hours with the wife, so she has now let me watch the tail end of the race (37 to go).
Wow, 37 laps of watching men with mullets going round and round and round. You must have been very bad in a former life.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Some sports just turn me off. I would much rather sit in an otherwise empty room with the TV off and have nothing whatsoever to do than watch NASCAR, drag racing, men's soccer, golf, darts or horse racing. They're worse than not being entertaining - they're just irritating.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Some sports just turn me off. I would much rather sit in an otherwise empty room with the TV off and have nothing whatsoever to do than watch NASCAR, drag racing, men's soccer, golf, darts or horse racing. They're worse than not being entertaining - they're just irritating.
So what makes womens soccor OK?:devious:

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Woulda repped you, but I guess the rep cannon gizzed all over you too recently.

Last edited:

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
So what makes womens soccor OK?:devious:
Well for a start, they don't pretend to have been pushed and fall over all the time, like the men do. Seems the women have more pride.

In the sports I like, you have to be tough. If you pretend you have been hurt they'll come and get you next time. I've seen countless Rugby League players with blood flowing from wounds to the head and face ordered off the field by the ref for a blood bin when they would have stayed if it were up to them. Seen it un Rugby Union (AKA fat-bloke Rugby) and also in ice Hockey. A soccer player would wilt like a daisy in the sun under that pressure.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
...and the fights...

[video=youtube;X4Piuuqqs10]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Piuuqqs10[/video]
THIS I could watch all day. Is it college based?

Watching it again it is college based....

Last edited:

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well for a start, they don't pretend to have been pushed and fall over all the time, like the men do. Seems the women have more pride.

In the sports I like, you have to be tough. If you pretend you have been hurt they'll come and get you next time. I've seen countless Rugby League players with blood flowing from wounds to the head and face ordered off the field by the ref for a blood bin when they would have stayed if it were up to them. Seen it un Rugby Union (AKA fat-bloke Rugby) and also in ice Hockey. A soccer player would wilt like a daisy in the sun under that pressure.
Good indication is the better the hair cut the more of a wimp they are. Any soccor players got anything but a great barnet.

I also hate the diving, one ref making correct use of the yellow and red card would soon have the game in hand (though it would by then be 5 a side!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.