[Reputation]
Dude, where do you find this stuff?
[/Reputation]

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
GO YANKEES!

Also, I like the Hairston guy. 33 years old and replacing Swisher (who is a true MISSER...)

Seriously, looks like a good one...

Mark DV
Ada, MI

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
That is just so sweet! For collectors only, fer shor.

Is something like that an investment? What would you do with it, just keep it under glass and pass it on to your heir?

I note that it was created in the same year as I was. Great vintage. :D
Check the link to the seller. Is that Schilling? Just might be the sort of thing someone with that much money and his interests might consider owning.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
What would a postseason game be without blown calls? So far all the talk is about Utley being safe on that double play ball. Should have been 1st & 3rd with 2 outs. What about in the bottom of the previuos inning when Howard short hopped the ball and it was called a catch? That would have been bases loaded with one out. I like my chances in that situation better than the Phils'. For all the talk about offense so far both games have been about pitching. Howard had struck out 6 times but at least has 2 hits. AFraud has reared his head again and is 0 for 8 with 6 Ks. Matsui came up big since nobody else did.

vs

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What would a postseason game be without blown calls? So far all the talk is about Utley being safe on that double play ball. Should have been 1st & 3rd with 2 outs.
I never saw a replay - was Utley clearly safe there? Live, I thought he was safe, but Fox was gushing about the Yankee greatness & rushing to commercial I assumed I was mistaken and didn't hang around to watch a replay after the commercial break.

AFraud has reared his head again and is 0 for 8 with 6 Ks.
He's probably just between cycles right now. :devious: Although seriously, 2 games is an incredibly small sample size (as is 7), good players are going to have bad series & bad players will have good ones (Billy Hatcher anyone?) - it happens with small samples. To assign true meaning to A-Roid's 0 for 8 is foolish at best. 'Course it is funny that he's coming up goose eggs again... :p

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I never saw a replay - was Utley clearly safe there? Live, I thought he was safe, but Fox was gushing about the Yankee greatness & rushing to commercial I assumed I was mistaken and didn't hang around to watch a replay after the commercial break.
Yep. Fox gushing about the Yankees? You might want to read this then: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/Do-Joe-Buck-and-Tim-McCarver-Hate-the-Yankees-66947112.html

He's probably just between cycles right now. :devious: Although seriously, 2 games is an incredibly small sample size (as is 7), good players are going to have bad series & bad players will have good ones (Billy Hatcher anyone?) - it happens with small samples. To assign true meaning to A-Roid's 0 for 8 is foolish at best. 'Course it is funny that he's coming up goose eggs again... :p
They said he has twice struck out 3 times in a game and followed it up with a 5-5 and 3-5 so watch out! And we saw what happened. :nada: He can't afford to have a bad series after his past postseason troubles. He looked like he was on the way. We'll see. It'll be nice if the Yanks win and he contributes nothing (or the same and the Phils win). :D

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fox pandering to the NY media in reaction to the article? I've heard both markets involved convinced the announcers were biased against their team. Fans just hear whenever a talking head criticizes their team & take it personally.
We'll see. It'll be nice if the Yanks win and he contributes nothing (or the same and the Phils win). :D
It's never great if the Yanks win. Phils winning & A-Rod is great might be amusing in the "see, he's only clutch when it doesn't matter" type thing.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Fox pandering to the NY media in reaction to the article? I've heard both markets involved convinced the announcers were biased against their team. Fans just hear whenever a talking head criticizes their team & take it personally.

It's never great if the Yanks win. Phils winning & A-Rod is great might be amusing in the "see, he's only clutch when it doesn't matter" type thing.
Just saw this: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4607883

"The objective is to get it right, we asked each other what we had seen and the replay confirmed we got it right," crew chief Jerry Davis said, according to the Post.
Got it right? :crosseye: What a dumbass! :(

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Good pitching always trumps good hitting...and wins championships, besides. :cool:
I know. Happens every year but still I kept hearing "These offenses are awesome. Look for a big game from both sides." before game one. Then when it didn't happen "Tonight look for a big game. Probably 9-8 or something along those lines." before game two. These gems brought to you by the wonderful analysts, Mark Grace & Eric Karros, at FOX. :)

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

Burning, looting, raping, murdering, Hitler's Penal Regiment advanced on the centre of Warsaw leaving in their wake a bloody trail of death and destruction. They killed indiscriminately. Pole or German; young or old; man, woman or child-anyone who crossed their path was eliminated. For Himmler had sworn that Warsaw would be razed to the ground-if it took every member of the German army to do it! And against the Fuhrer's expendable battalions, for whom life had no meaning, the battle of Warsaw became an inferno-an endless Reign of Hell...

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Happy Halloween. A good day to remember Warren.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1MRu8N2K0NY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1MRu8N2K0NY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

"....and his hair was perfect..."

Earthpig

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Happy Halloween. A good day to remember Warren.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1MRu8N2K0NY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1MRu8N2K0NY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

"....and his hair was perfect..."
Let the hair go man:)

Status
Not open for further replies.