The Mila 18 NoNsEnSe thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like some awfully big passing games in the NFL today.

Tate's predicted result of the 'no-touchy' rule coming to fruition already?

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

While watching sports center (college football updates) I caught some of the NFL highlights (I didn't watch a single game Sunday). Clearly, QB's have gained at least a full step as the rush tries to keep themselves under control so as not to hit QB's the "wrong" way. Time and again the QB's get the ball off a step before the rush gets there as the rushers gather themselves to avoid helmet-to-helmet and/or below the waist and/or a late bump...all of which will likely get a 15yrd personal/roughing-the-passer which gets added to the play result.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A great weekend for the Steelers. Ravens, Browns and Bungles all lost. It was nice to see the Jets crash to earth too as they looked like they might steal a wild card birth that belongs to the AFC North. Sanchez the California boy needs to learn how to play in the cold, because the weather is only going to get worse in NY.

Like I predicted the Bungles are starting to show their true selves by losing to the mediocre Texans at home.

A horrible week for the NFL. Lots of boring, boring games. The only decent game was the Vikings/Raven game. The Redskins really need a QB. I don't know what the Titans need.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I honestly think the Titans let the weather conditions get to them too much. Sure, they're not a very good team and are hobbled by key injuries, but Collins going 2 for 12 was more his receivers dropping catchable ball than a Derek Anderson impersonation.

Besides, karma finally caught up to them for that "Music City Miracle" farce. :cool:

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A great weekend for the Steelers. Ravens, Browns and Bungles all lost. It was nice to see the Jets crash to earth too as they looked like they might steal a wild card birth that belongs to the AFC North. Sanchez the California boy needs to learn how to play in the cold, because the weather is only going to get worse in NY.

Like I predicted the Bungles are starting to show their true selves by losing to the mediocre Texans at home.

Once again, the Clowns' defense and special teams played well enough to win but couldn't carry a horrible offense for 60 minutes. I held out hope during that really sloppy part of the 3rd quarter, but Steelers cleaned up their game in time to save the victory. The Pats-Titans game brought back memories of another of the most lopsided games in the modern era, when the Brownies clobbered the Squeelers 51-0 in 1989.

Memories are all we got.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Look what I've found when typing "Louisiana babes" in lucky shot google.

This shows how careful one must be when surfing the net...

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

It's been in effect for the past few years. Players have complained about protecting the QBs for many years but the flags for defenseless WRs only goes back to maybe last year.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
He needs to stop staring down a WR. He probably did that in college where the DBs weren't as good as the NFL. :)

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Raiders win!!!!

Even a blind sow picks up an acorn once in a while,
Thank that stupid ass Andy Reid for the W. Raiders are terrible against the run so what does Andy do? Pass, pass, pass, punt. Pass, pass, pass, punt. Pass, run, pass, punt. Pass, pass, pass, punt. 46 passes to 14 rushes. PHI gained more per rush than pass (4.8 to 4.2). The game was never out of hand but Reid constantly called passes and McNabb kept getting sacked. Hey dumbass! Try to run the ball! Stupid tool! :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.