The Mila 18 NoNsEnSe thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
There's NASCAR on TV here - jeez what a dull sport! It's like watching a quiet day on the Basingstoke ringroad........

Round and round and DON'T TURN RIGHT.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
There's NASCAR on TV here - jeez what a dull sport! It's like watching a quiet day on the Basingstoke ringroad........

Round and round and DON'T TURN RIGHT.

Not getting IPL there? Yesterday afternoon I watched the most exciting game of cricket I can remember since 2005. Chennai Super Kings losing to Punjab King's 11 in a super over after the game was tied. The drama was amazing.

Best of all is that it ended up on free to air. ITV 4 carries all the games live.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Didn't know IPL was shown here...must get around to reading the TV pages some time. When are they on? Live or recorded?

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Didn't know IPL was shown here...must get around to reading the TV pages some time. When are they on? Live or recorded?

ITV 4 most afternoons. Some days there's a double header and it starts in the mornings. I tend to record it on Sky + and wazz through the ads. Saves a lot of time and the ads are the same ones all day. IF you happen to get a good game, it can be top entertainment. An unusual mix of international players.

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Not getting IPL there? Yesterday afternoon I watched the most exciting game of cricket I can remember since 2005. Chennai Super Kings losing to Punjab King's 11 in a super over after the game was tied. The drama was amazing.
Seen a few IPL highlights, but I've been watching the Aus vs NZ test, quite a bit of high drama, great first innings by the Aussies then Dougie Bollinger skittling the Kiwis for 150ish and a cracking fightback from them following on in the face of some decent bowling, Hauritz getting some turn from the bowlers footmarks.

IPL. Pah. Give me 5 day cricket any time :)

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
IPL. Pah. Give me 5 day cricket any time :)
It was a pretty stark contrast Saturday morning our time. Bell and Trott going at something like 3 an over on Sky in the First Test vs Bangladesh (fer fecks sake!)... meanwhile on another channel they were blasting it for nine or more an over. Deccan Vs Mumbai was the one I ended up watching.

Highlights don't do it with twenty 20. If you only watch them you might assume the bowlers aren't in the game. It surprises me how much they are a factor, given that the game is designed to suit the bat.

I have the game from Kolkata on my box... just off to watch.

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
It was a pretty stark contrast Saturday morning our time. Bell and Trott going at something like 3 an over on Sky in the First Test vs Bangladesh (fer fecks sake!)... meanwhile on another channel they were blasting it for nine or more an over. Deccan Vs Mumbai was the one I ended up watching.
Yep, the Bangladesh match seems a trifle turgid! And struggling to beat them FFS. Not good.

Anyway, off to try and offer my services to BG, I think the Aus/NZ match'll be over when I get back.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I have to say that, on reflection, the lass on the left gives me the horn.

Status
Not open for further replies.