Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh, and by the way....

It is now officially fall and American football is back.......

I feel like I just came back from a "Southern Baptist Revival"; took my grandson to watch a Pee Wee football game and he wanted to get out there and play (2.5 years old and 35lbs on mayhem)......

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
someone will read it to you later swamp thing, don't worry
I don't need it read to me. I just wonder what the hell KK is talking about? But then I guess it could be almost any response to his babblings. ;)

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
The poor guy, imagine calling him JRJ Three Sticks......
My parents called me Ian because it's only got three letters and they thought I might be stupid so they'd help me out.....been vindicated I guess, haven't spelt it wrong yet :)

My parents adopted me when I was about one month old. My name given to me by the nurses was Stephen (or Steven) at the time. My parents named me after my dad, John Ridgely Johns. They didn't want me to be called Junior or Little John or something like that so they named me Richie after the kid in the Dick Van Dyke show. I named my son JRJ III and we call him John.

I've been thru many nicknames throughout school: JohnJohn, Chief, Indian, etc. My current nickname was given to me by the guys at Pizza Hut back in 92 and that one stuck.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The poor guy, imagine calling him JRJ Three Sticks......
My parents called me Ian because it's only got three letters and they thought I might be stupid so they'd help me out.....been vindicated I guess, haven't spelt it wrong yet :)
My Dad wanted me to be called Ivor, what a joker that man was.

Ian Willey is much better

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
That's not fair. Soccer is continuous dullness. American football is long stretches of dullness with moments of violence. Sorta like a submarine cruise...

Seriously, there are 11 minutes of action in an American football game that takes 3.5 hours to broadcast. <yawn>

And Go Broncos! (my hypocrisy knows no bounds...)

S
Directv had a thingy that ran from Sun nite until early Thu morning (with a break during Mon nite football) where you could watch the games in about 30 min. It was just continuous action from snap until end of action, then next snap, etc. :thumup:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
No. Evidenced by him picking Seattle to beat Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh showed the blueprint to the rest of the league on how to beat Seattle. Rush 3, drop 8 into coverage and don't let Jackson scramble outside the pocket. The Seahawks don't have any WRs that can get open (with Rice hurt) and Jackson isn't consistent enough to make enough big plays.

The Seahawks could be the worst team in the league. But, they have enough talented youth, if they get Luck next year, their fortune could turn pretty quickly.
Also, teams from the West Coast only win about 10% of the time when they have to play an early game in the East. It throws off their internal clock (it's only 9 am on the West Coast when they kick off). However, teams travelling from East to West Coast don't have the same trouble. ;)

Mike Murphy

Cat's servant
Reaction score
My team won! Granted that they won in overtime, they still won against the Vikings, in Minnesota. The Lions are something like 0 for an eon in Minnesota. Their last win there was way back in 1997.

Three game winning streak. Detroit Lions. I never thought that I would hear those two phrases used together in the same sentence. :nuts:

Counting last year's four game win streak, this year's pregame four game win streak, and now their current three game streak, the Lions have an 11 game win streak. :yummy:

Could it be that good times have reappeared in the Detroit sports world? :bounce:

Earthpig

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My team won! Granted that they won in overtime, they still won against the Vikings, in Minnesota. The Lions are something like 0 for an eon in Minnesota. Their last win there was way back in 1997.

Three game winning streak. Detroit Lions. I never thought that I would hear those two phrases used together in the same sentence. :nuts:

Counting last year's four game win streak, this year's pregame four game win streak, and now their current three game streak, the Lions have an 11 game win streak. :yummy:

Could it be that good times have reappeared in the Detroit sports world? :bounce:
Til Thanksgiving anyway:p:devious:......GO PACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.