The Meat Grinder Discussion Thread

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Ole Bøe said as much, noting that "Moving" is used to mean different things in the ASLRB.
I re-read that last night to see if it was worth writing it again. It really isn't. It's too bad MMP didn't just update it the PDF's. There is one paragraph in the original work which speaks to taking a Motion DR at any time rather than immediately. Other than that, the article remains sound and not really worth doing it again. -- jim

EDIT to add: Strike this and the article is sound.
Note that a Motion Attempt can be made anytime
during the enemy's MPh. If an enemy unit
expends three MF/MP in your vehicle's LOS,
you can make the Motion Attempt immediately
based on this MF/MP expenditure, or you can
wait either until you have seen the movement of
other enemy units, or even until the end of the
enemy MPh, and still make a Motion Attempt
based on the MF/MP expenditure of the first (or
later) enemy units.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I re-read that last night to see if it was worth writing it again. It really isn't. It's too bad MMP didn't just update it the PDF's. There is one paragraph in the original work which speaks to taking a Motion DR at any time rather than immediately. Other than that, the article remains sound and not really worth doing it again. -- jim

EDIT to add: Strike this and the article is sound.
Ole also pointed out a number of imprecise uses of the term "moving" in the rules and discrepancies wrt to various charts and tables. Some, such as C6.11, appear to have been amended, in this case by adding "C.8" in parenthesis following the word "moving," in order to highlight what Ole argued the word actually meant, namely a "moving target." But I didn't bother to see if and how all of his recommendations and interpretations were addressed.

Given the ongoing confusion of what is meant by "moving" in a given circumstance, it may have been worth adding the word "target" after "moving" in addition to the parenthetical rule reference in C6.11.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I think some of the imprecise/inconsistent usage of "moving" that Ole mentioned has since been "fixed" in the 2nd Edtion rules/charts. Probably not all, but at least some.