The Maxim Gorki CG

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Yesterday I received the Maxim Gorki module. Inside it there are reinforcement group charts for a CG. However I cannot find the rules for the CG. Things like CG length, VC and set up are not stated. Was this ever published? I'm wondering if it was left out of my module by accident.

mryder

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Per Desperation Morale web site:
Contents:
4 12" x 18" light cardstock/heavy paper glossy map panels, 12 pages rules, 12 scenarios, 1 sheet of play aids, 1016 die-cut counters

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Thankyou. I have got 12 pages of rules - non of them actually lay out the CG and so I guess the CG reinforcement group chart is for a design your own CG. Which would be typical of CH.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yesterday I received the Maxim Gorki module. Inside it there are reinforcement group charts for a CG. However I cannot find the rules for the CG. Things like CG length, VC and set up are not stated. Was this ever published? I'm wondering if it was left out of my module by accident.
I believe that some of the scenarios use the charts to add units to the scenario. See scenario #3, rule 5.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I believe that some of the scenarios use the charts to add units to the scenario. See scenario #3, rule 5.
Yes the big scenario (number 9) does too. But the charts also have a CG max column.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is no mention of a CG included. It does include the charts though.

Contact Mark Porterfield as he is the designer and ask.

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi Honza

There is a VASL map! - Thanks to Pete - Happy to play one with you (played two before and both were about how to use "massive" and I mean Massive Arty !!!)

It is true there was no CG (I dont play CGs but I did notice that this first edition was missing it) - The Chaps that designed it likely are still developing it

Cheers

Rob :)

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I could be totally wrong but I have some vague memory that a CG would be in one of the future CH mags?

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
With regards to the Maxim Gorky historical package. The Rules for the CG are on scenario MG #9 Maxim Effort, it lays out the purchase schedule, points etc for the CG. Of course you could also use the CG rules pack to set up your own.