The main tangible result of the summit: the US steps down against N. Korea LMAO

Paul M. Weir

First name
Paul
Thanks for your insights Doggie....er, Paul. I see you are getting your daily dose of CNN in.

Wake me when it starts to happen and the courts allow it to happen...until then I will worry about more pressing things like a giant meteor striking earth.
Well, it just happened.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/...-immigrant-children-texas-backlash/705562002/
https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/p/t...id-outrage-over-immigration-policy/vp-AAyLcDq

Kiddieswitch is taking customers. When will the first child die from heatstroke?

Dave68124

Doggie I recall you claiming Kiddie Concentration camps was the next step? I see tent cities and people breaking the law. Just like when mom or dad go to prison, they don't take their kids with them.

Maybe focus on the law first, then you won't have to wet yourself so often claiming we are going to send kids to the ovens.

Here is plan, we ship everyone to Ireland. Immigrants are happy, U.S. taxpayers are happy and you are happy. Hell, I would even through in a few dollars for the plane tickets.

Paul M. Weir

First name
Paul
Doggie I recall you claiming Kiddie Concentration camps was the next step? I see tent cities and people breaking the law. Just like when mom or dad go to prison, they don't take their kids with them.

Maybe focus on the law first, then you won't have to wet yourself so often claiming we are going to send kids to the ovens.
Don't forget history. The term Concentration Camp was first widely used by the British during the 2nd Boer War (the Nazis delighted in reminding the British of that). It held the relatives of Boer combatants. Most Boer POWs were shipped overseas but their women and children were the inhabitants of the CCs. About 26,000 Boers and 14,000 Africans died there, not due to intentional killing but through neglect and bad conditions.

Don't conflate a Concentration Camp with an Extermination Camp, I don't.

The risk is the suitability of a tent camp in Texas summer heat and the greater difficulty of supervision compared to a properly designed or converted building. So will you still say the same when a child dies from sunstroke, dehydration or due to food or water borne disease? How many will be enough for you to say that that should not have been done?

Last edited:

Sand Bar Bill

Silver Supporting Member
Don't forget history. The term Concentration Camp was first widely used by the British during the 2nd Boer War (the Nazis delighted in reminding the British of that). It held the relatives of Boer combatants. Most Boer POWs were shipped overseas but their women and children were the inhabitants of the CCs. About 26,000 Boers and 14,000 Africans died there, not due to intentional killing but through neglect and bad conditions.

The risk is the suitability of a tent camp in Texas summer heat and the greater difficulty of supervision compared to a properly designed or converted building. So will you still say the same when a child dies from sunstroke, dehydration or due to food or water borne disease? How many will be enough for you to say that that should not have been done?
It's a national disgrace, but clearly we have some apologists.

Paul M. Weir

First name
Paul
It's a national disgrace, but clearly we have some apologists.
To be fair to the US, there are similar camps in (more temperate) Europe, but at least they keep families together. Spanky and Schutzhaftlagerführer Sessions take delight in quite deliberately using children and their suffering as weapons to beat their parents with. At his last press briefing Sessions was grinning so hard he must have come in his pants. It may not be near taking hostages and shooting them if a refugee misbehaves, but the principle is the same "collective punishment". That is the most vile and disturbing aspect.

Dave68124

Texas summer heat as opposed to the Mexican summer heat? Any pictures of these tent cities lined with 1,000's of kids or still on the way? One of your posted article said it was a proposal. The second has a tent with 4 portable toilets outside and no kids. As I said, when I see pics with kids in stripped pajamas and the courts have allowed it to happen I will pay attention. Until then, continue your Doggie act.

Bill - no apologist at all. Hard to determine fact from fiction in the normal news media and even harder around here where the slightest word from Trump is overblown and everyone loses their fucking minds - mostly over shit that hasn't happened yet. Paul lost his mind over a nuclear war with North Korea previously - still waiting for that one too.

hongkongwargamer

Feeling like a Russian 76L
Silver Supporting Member
As a parent, I simply can't imagine the pain and confusion that these poor folks are subjected to, in a land whose language they don't speak and by authorities who don't care about them one bit.

Whether they are housed at the Ritz or in a concentration camp in the middle of a desert is immaterial.

Please have a little compassion, a little humanity.

Happy Father's Day

Last edited:

Martin Mayers

Texas summer heat as opposed to the Mexican summer heat? Any pictures of these tent cities lined with 1,000's of kids or still on the way? One of your posted article said it was a proposal. The second has a tent with 4 portable toilets outside and no kids. As I said, when I see pics with kids in stripped pajamas and the courts have allowed it to happen I will pay attention. Until then, continue your Doggie act.

Bill - no apologist at all. Hard to determine fact from fiction in the normal news media and even harder around here where the slightest word from Trump is overblown and everyone loses their fucking minds - mostly over shit that hasn't happened yet. Paul lost his mind over a nuclear war with North Korea previously - still waiting for that one too.
There was a woman on my Faceback page yesterday, a Republican Senator in fact, who was talking of the subject and explaining what is going on. And it's sick mate. Absolutely, irretrievably sick. And shameful. There are ways and means of doing stuff like this. One can go down the route of compassion but action, or one can skip the compassion bit. It's a choice. And someone in America has chosen wrongly IMHO.

There's no defence for some of the stuff she was talking about. And perhaps I'm being naive but her being a Republican and all stripped it of the party political aspect I think.

von Marwitz

A repugnant disgrace.

Even if you allow for a policy that wants to deter illegal immigrants.

If you think this can't be topped, there is Sessions justifying their policy by qutoting the bible in the way that God were to tell us what the rulers do is to be accepted. Hypocricy at its worst. I would like to see Sessions explain that to Lord Jesus in the face.

Dave68124

There was a woman on my Faceback page yesterday, a Republican Senator in fact, who was talking of the subject and explaining what is going on. And it's sick mate. Absolutely, irretrievably sick. And shameful. There are ways and means of doing stuff like this. One can go down the route of compassion but action, or one can skip the compassion bit. It's a choice. And someone in America has chosen wrongly IMHO.

There's no defence for some of the stuff she was talking about. And perhaps I'm being naive but her being a Republican and all stripped it of the party political aspect I think.
Don't take my push back as any kind of support for the policy. I am just waiting for the "concentration camps" that Paul Dog said was on the way. The amount of howling at the moon on any kind of idea associated with Trump regardless if it is true, within context or actually in process is just over the top.

Let me ask you guys from foreign countries. When you send mom's and dad's to jail, do the kids go along with them in your countries?

For the German in the group, your own Home Secretary or whatever the equivalent title is was telling Merkle that he was going to close your own borders. Appears there are other countries in the world that enforce their border policy too.

Rooster2k

First name
Mike
Usually we wait for them to commit a crime, be tried and convicted.
In almost all countries entering without permission is a crime. In some countries, you have a good chance of being shot.

Martin Mayers

Don't take my push back as any kind of support for the policy. I am just waiting for the "concentration camps" that Paul Dog said was on the way. The amount of howling at the moon on any kind of idea associated with Trump regardless if it is true, within context or actually in process is just over the top.

Let me ask you guys from foreign countries. When you send mom's and dad's to jail, do the kids go along with them in your countries?

For the German in the group, your own Home Secretary or whatever the equivalent title is was telling Merkle that he was going to close your own borders. Appears there are other countries in the world that enforce their border policy too.
They haven't been sent to jail though.

Surely the comparison is how other countries deal with their asylum seekers going through a process and no, we don't separate families up. We house them securely but together as a family.

Even when we were shipping German/Jews off during WW2 to the Isle of Man to be kept an eye on we shipped them off as families together.

America, who I'm a great admirer of, seems to be losing it's soul.

Paul M. Weir

First name
Paul
OK, I get it, Dave just doesn't like the term "Concentration Camps".

So it was good enough a term for the British in the 2nd Boer War, good enough for most camps in Germany pre-WW2 (before the opening of the WW2 era Extermination camps and Death Camps), quite applicable to the US camps established for enemy civilians and Japanese-Americans?

The purpose of the British Concentration Camps was to punish the Boer combatants by imprisoning their families, in this case it's Spanky & Co. wishing to punish parents via their children. It's not simply containment, its PUNISHMENT! That's what brings it into the class of Concentration Camp. If the morality of the situation was not bad then why are so many US citizens horrified and protesting about it.

Last edited:

Dave68124

Usually we wait for them to commit a crime, be tried and convicted.
So in New Zealand if you are hypothetically pulled over for drunk driving and you have your kids in the car. The police will put your kids in jail with you as you await bail?

Dave68124

They haven't been sent to jail though.

Surely the comparison is how other countries deal with their asylum seekers going through a process and no, we don't separate families up. We house them securely but together as a family.

Even when we were shipping German/Jews off during WW2 to the Isle of Man to be kept an eye on we shipped them off as families together.

America, who I'm a great admirer of, seems to be losing it's soul.
Same example for New Zealand - just replaced NZ with UK. You are driving drunk with your kids in the car. You get pulled over and hauled to jail. Do your kids come with you to jail?

Same offer I made to Paul...we can ship these illegal immigrants to the UK if you guys want them. I don't blame these people for wanting a better life, but Europeans seem awfully concerned about the U.S. wanting to secure its border. Where is the European humanity and opening your border to these people looking for a better life?

Last edited:

Rooster2k

First name
Mike
You miss understand I don't want to see them separated. I want them pushed back across the border at gunpoint if needed. don't arrest them at all DON'T LET THEM CROSS in the first place.

Dave68124

OK, I get it, Dave just doesn't like the term "Concentration Camps".

So it was good enough a term for the British in the 2nd Boer War, good enough for most camps in Germany pre-WW2 (before the opening of the WW2 era Extermination camps and Death Camps), quite applicable to the US camps established for enemy civilians and Japanese-Americans?

The purpose of the British Concentration Camps was to punish the Boer combatants by imprisoning their families, in this case it's Spanky & Co. wishing to punish parents via their children. It's not simply containment, its PUNISHMENT! That's what brings it into the class of Concentration Camp. If the morality of the situation was not bad then why are so many US citizens horrified and protesting about it.
Concentration camp my ass. Using a bullshit argument to get around these are no where near concentration camps. When I see kids hung from meat hooks like I saw at Dachau then you get to call them a concentration camp. Until then, just your drama queen bullshit.

BTW - Japanese were put into internment camps, not concentration camps. We let you Europeans slaughter your own citizenry in that manner.

Martin Mayers

Same offer I made to Paul...we can ship these illegal immigrants to the UK if you guys want them. I don't blame these people for wanting a better life, but Europeans seem awfully concerned about the U.S. wanting to secure its border. Where is the European humanity and opening your border to these people looking for a better life?
We have plenty of our own (asylum seekers awaiting their case heard/illegal immigrants) to deal with.

I'm surprised you are defending these processes. I thought your moral compass was straighter.