The madness continues

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
The funny thing is ... at this price ... the description of the product says "I don't make money on shipping costs".

Sheesh ... that's a relief, mate. Otherwise I'd thought it was a money grab. :smoke:
For the amount he's making shipping should be free. :crosseye:

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
For the amount he's making shipping should be free. :crosseye:
I'm suprised peeps get so wound up, yep it's probably crap and not worth the money but hell they must have it to waste. Kind of makes other suppliers low priced eh?:devious:

I don't think I would buy it if it was $20 though

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I'm suprised peeps get so wound up, yep it's probably crap and not worth the money but hell they must have it to waste. Kind of makes other suppliers low priced eh?:devious:

I don't think I would buy it if it was $20 though
$20 isn't much. It does buy me three nights with your mom though.

Buck K

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's very very very fishy...
Whit, my boy, that's not fishy that was my bid!!!

I don't stalk ebay like I did before my second kid, so when I bid, I throw out my max. So if another bidder did the same, I suspect I am not the only one shot bidder around, then the price goes from $14 to $230 in a blink!!

I've bid on these when the come up, generally low ball, unless I got a couple hundred to burn, so I own maybe half of them, but I haven't sensed any sleaziness by the seller. It seems legit, there is too much variety in the final winning bids. I don't believe they have to dick around with the auction mechanism, just restricting supply is enough to keep the margins sufficient to support this manufacturing process.

Merry Christmas,

Buck

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

I don't stalk ebay like I did before my second kid, so when I bid, I throw out my max. So if another bidder did the same, I suspect I am not the only one shot bidder around, then the price goes from $14 to $230 in a blink!!

I've bid on these when the come up, generally low ball, unless I got a couple hundred to burn, so I own maybe half of them, but I haven't sensed any sleaziness by the seller. It seems legit, there is too much variety in the final winning bids. I don't believe they have to dick around with the auction mechanism, just restricting supply is enough to keep the margins sufficient to support this manufacturing process.

Merry Christmas,

Buck
I knew there was a WBW customer on the board, I just couldn't remember who it was. Thanks for taking the time to post your comments - I still remember our earlier discussion about these modules.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Merry Christmas,

Buck

Do you play them or collect them? Just curious of the playability of them with no axe to grind

Cheers
Ian

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

ASL Maineiac

Reaction score
More new modules, this one "Audace" about the French in World War I. Note the chrome aplenty, in this case a "flag bearer" that increases friendly morale...

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUDACE-Great-War-French-Army-WWI-ASL-/220726136376?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33644d8e38

View attachment 32335

However, his Sudan module, which has been offered before, is up to 152 dollars:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUDAN-ASL-Enemies-Crown-Small-Wars-Gordon-UP-/190491634603?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5a2fabab
Hmm...how does a flag bearer have a 1 firepower?

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
How do you get poked by a flagging Pole? Oh... er... never mind.
Well in fact FIRST it was a Standard, flags hang off buildings as my Officer shouted in me old jug. The Standard in fact BURNT my poor delicate neck.

It's all to do with friction.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Audace is not new. That particular piece of cow dung has been up on my website for months; see http://www.desperationmorale.com/worldofasl/worldfirsttofight.html#audace
I don't see anything of note on your site. Just this:

If this product is like others by this producer, it is not likely to be playable. Keep away.
In other words, you don't own a copy, and you haven't referenced any comments from anyone who does.

Guess the five distinct bidders fighting over Sudan and bidding over 150 dollars don't read your "reviews" (note the parentheses), huh? ;)

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
You put a note to "note the parentheses" in a pair of parentheses, but I think you actually meant to say "note the quotation marks"
Quite correct; how embarrassing. :blush:

Thank you for noting this. The universe is telling me not to be snotty. I need to listen to the universe more. And you, of course, on matters of punctuation. :D