The Low/High 100m Line.

TDR

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Looking at the attached map and using the comments from the Users guide I am somewhat confused as to where to actually put this 100m wide line.

Using the info from the manual it would mean in reality the low/high line would need to be close to the top that is about the 250 contour line. It would also mean on some other higher feature, which there are some; this line would be at a different real height.
Yet in real terms the low/high concept will kick in about 200m. Contour intervals 10m, grid size 1000m x1000m

Or am I looking at the concepts of abstraction with high and low from the wrong perspective?

Last edited:

TDR

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Thanks.
After posting I looked at maps 241 & 242 and see that the low/high line is some what abstract and in the segment I included 250 would be about right. Also it would appear that the low/high line by being abstract does not represent a fixed all map position in terms of real height, just a sight/height concept. So in other sections it may be as low as 150 in real terms so long as it fits the definition of the concepts of the low/high line.

I suspect the problems I am having are more related to the fact I have walked the actual ground it too much and I am accidentally placing real issues of ground/terrain to an abstract terrain representation.