The Lord of the Rings Online Revenues Triple

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is still the question whether people just bought their personal equivalent of a lifetime subscription and hence avoid paying a subscription from now on.

I wish I was confident that this is really steady triple every month since September but I have my doubts. Paiz had accuracy issues with her claims in the past.

Also, compared to what? To August 2010 when people were starved without new content for far too long? Or to times when LOTRO would release new content that's useful for high-level players?

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There's no doubt that more players on now online, even at off times.
It just irks me that the store only items are becoming better & better looking than items you can get in-game (without having to spend a year to earn them)

Take the simple new dyes- in the try-on window all items when "tested" look pretty much the same color however, when you actually dye an old game item vs. a new game item the results are striking. I used the comment of "thats just ugly" enough to make me not dye old items with new dyes anymore.

Also, the effort and detail they are putting into store items is way above the detail of in-game found items which are bland, bland, bland. Some of the cloaks & backpacks are great a few of the backpacks have almost made me spend my first point in the store- but not YET!!!!.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There's no doubt that more players on now online, even at off times.
It just irks me that the store only items are becoming better & better looking than items you can get in-game (without having to spend a year to earn them)

Take the simple new dyes- in the try-on window all items when "tested" look pretty much the same color however, when you actually dye an old game item vs. a new game item the results are striking. I used the comment of "thats just ugly" enough to make me not dye old items with new dyes anymore.

Also, the effort and detail they are putting into store items is way above the detail of in-game found items which are bland, bland, bland. Some of the cloaks & backpacks are great a few of the backpacks have almost made me spend my first point in the store- but not YET!!!!.
They need to overhaul the dressing room, badly. First of all it should work on more items, such as horses, on clothes recipes and on housing items.

Then, colors look different in the dressing room than in the wild. The barber has the same problem, the hair colors in the barber display is widely off the color that's right next to it in the game display. The dressing room also has the unfortunate tendency to let you dye clothes and preview in there but in the real world the items turns out undyeable but eats up the dye. A dye that Turbine now takes real-world money for.