The Killer Joke

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rules for the Killer Joke,
1 The joke may only be used by British forces fighting Germans. 1.1 The joke may only be used by British MMC or SMC. 1.2 The joke may only be used in 1944 and 1945. 1.3 The joke may also be used by prisoners during interrogation.
2 Usage 2.1 The player makes a usage dr on a dr 1-3 the joke may successfully be used. on a 6, some German speaking friendly forces happen to be nearby and overhear the joke. Random selection is used in order to determine the unit,s affected in the hex. The unit,s immediately suffer casualty reduction. 2.2 Have passed the usage dr the Unit attempting the joke must spend 2MF in the present location deploying the joke. 2.2.1 If they survive all DFF made against them, the joke takes immediate effect after the expenditure of the 2MF.
3 Effect 3.1 All German units in the same hex, and all adjacent hexes, are immediately KIA. 3.2 All Germans at 2 hex range, having only heard part of the joke, are immediately casualty reduced, broken, and disrupted. 3.2.1 They may be captured, but may not be moved from the current location, for the remainder of the scenario. ( They are laughing too hard to walk.)
4 All Germans stacked with a moving vehicle, or fired on by HE,FFE,or Bombs are immune to the joke. (It is drowned out by the explosions.)
5 Use of the joke immediately invokes No Quarter against the British for the remainder of the scenario.

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Killer Joke was funny the first time I heard it, but I think you told it wrong.

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The German retaliation Killer V-Joke didn't get me either, was time sensitive to the 30's and 40's I guess.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
More recent historical research indicates that the Killer Joke was not as effective as assumed.

I suggest the following rules:
SS are immune to KJ. Those guys were no joke.
All other German units must undertake a KJTC using their current morale. A 6+1 leader precludes a KJTC, you never laughed in the presence of the brass. All other leaders apply their leadership DRM to the KJTC.

The British did find a better way to disrupt the German war effort. Their agents placed Beach Towels on the driver's seats of vehicles which immobilised that vehicle until the Germans did a driver's roll call to discover that said towel belonged to none of their drivers. If a BT counter is placed on a German vehicle then make a dr to determine the number of German Movement Phases that the vehicle is immobilised. A BT (B11 *1) is successfully placed only on a stopped vehicle by an enemy unit as if placing/throwing/setting a DC. A Set BT adds 3 turns to the immobilisation period *2. While the BT is in effect the vehicle may do any legal activity except expend MP for Start, be marked as in Motion, change VCA or move to another hex. For example, such a marked vehicle may fire any functioning weapons, load or unload PRC or (un)hook a gun.

Notes *:
  1. The more time taken, the more likely it won't fall off.
  2. A neatly applied BT (Set BT) with it's corners and edges neatly tucked under the seat cushions made it look more Teutonic and thus believable.

Last edited: