THE KFW VASL thread

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is the place to find the latest info on the KFW extension.

Release version is available on the VASL Download Extensions page. Get it here:

The above shortcut says scenarios but it takes you to the right page. Look for the KFW_vx.x.vmdx file near the bottom of the list.

Be sure to read the help file.

Many thanks to Brent Morris for proofing. Remaining errors are mine alone. Post them in this thread or send me an email.

Enjoy.

Allan

Last edited:

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I appreciate the appreciation guys. I'm just one cog in the wheel. Besides the aforementioned Tuomo, Jackson, and Spencer, there's Ken, Brian, Zoltan, Sam, Doug, David and Tim. I hope I'm not forgetting anybody. Forgive my feeble mind if I did. While not everyone of these guys are working directly on KFW, they are indispensable to me and I appreciate their patient advice and direction as I sail the VASL waters while trying not to sink the VASL ship. Thanks guys!

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not trying to generate “Like” bait...just an update...

Counters are 97.48% done. Starting to organize layout for inclusion in core VASL. Implementing this module into VASL will be another time consuming undertaking but it’s one I’m committed to so thanks for your continued patience.

Al

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Working hard on the extension. With the help of Zoltan and BK I've made some breakthroughs so I am making progress. Getting a little hung up on searchlights and then I realized that only one KFW scenario has a searchlight? And even it's turret mounted. So I'm not too concerned just yet about Searchlight trucks and GMSL. However, how important is it to record the SL covered arc when the searchlight is switched off? Seems to me that practically speaking when a SL is switched on, it can just choose a ca so tracking it's ca while switched off or malfunctioned is not important. True?

Here's some teaser art. You wouldn't believe how satisfying it is to finally get the little "?" to appear on concealed units. I live a shallow life :). And the SK '44 FB is a bonus.

1544679681164.png

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Working hard on the extension. With the help of Zoltan and BK I've made some breakthroughs so I am making progress. Getting a little hung up on searchlights and then I realized that only one KFW scenario has a searchlight? And even it's turret mounted. So I'm not too concerned just yet about Searchlight trucks and GMSL. However, how important is it to record the SL covered arc when the searchlight is switched off? Seems to me that practically speaking when a SL is switched on, it can just choose a ca so tracking it's ca while switched off or malfunctioned is not important. True?

Here's some teaser art. You wouldn't believe how satisfying it is to finally get the little "?" to appear on concealed units. I live a shallow life :). And the SK '44 FB is a bonus.

View attachment 6453
Good work boss!!

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States

View attachment 6453
For some reason this picture/image makes me want to play...it was the 5-5-7 that sold me...go figure...

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

View attachment 6453
IMHO, Searchlights will be an "edge corner case", where very few scenarios will be ever made or played with them. Don't sweat it, and call what you got good enough.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
IMHO, Searchlights will be an "edge corner case", where very few scenarios will be ever made or played with them. Don't sweat it, and call what you got good enough.
Though it would be cool to see their effect with the 'Night' function of VASL turned on. Probably not easy to program.

von Marwitz

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Though it would be cool to see their effect with the 'Night' function of VASL turned on. Probably not easy to program.

von Marwitz

Hell yeah, that would be way cool to see that on VASL! Probably not worth the effort but it would be cool to see the results.