The Jutland Wiki

Bullethead

Storm Eagle Studios
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Making a start on the subs and zeppelins. Strangely enough, the German subs show a peculiar difference to real life in terms of artillery armament, which on most boats seems to have been a 10,5cm gun - why has SES chosen the 8,8cm gun instead?
Because in 1916, most of them only had 8.8cm. Some were upgunned later if they lived long enough, and late-war boats were built with 10.5cm. But in 1916, they were lucky to have guns at all, considering none had them in 1914.

If you look closely, you'll see that in 1916 the up-gunning had already started. Some actually have 10.5cm.

Von der Tann

Schlachtkreuzer
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Completed the US and French navies yesterday. My next batch will be seaplane tenders and AMC, so after that only RN CL and DD/TB will be left.

Von der Tann

Schlachtkreuzer
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Classification of all ships except Entente submarines is now complete, although the articles for the British light craft have still to be written. I have begun to add the amount of mines carried by various ships and am also adding the basic damage control capacity of each ship type, meaning the % available without any modifications.

Von der Tann

Schlachtkreuzer
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
The ship database is now COMPLETE, and we have reached the 200 article mark. While processing the data, I ran across a few small anomalies in the database:
- A few ships are available which, according to the data on the Net, should not be there, like the British CL Amphion.
- The British Tribal class destroyer Viking has a 6" gun on the aft deck.
- The Acasta class is described as the first to have 4" quick-firing guns, but still has breech-loading guns.

Last edited:

saddletank

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
You could ticket SES with this information I guess. Not sure how much of a priority fixing it is. Amphion isn't available in the campaign so I would think she's just in the database by mistake.

Conversely rather than ticket SES to have her removed, could you ticket them to have everything sunk between August 1914 and December 1915 put back in? They clearly removed them in error!