"The Hobbit" titles

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
“THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY”
& “THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN”

I like them, better than The Hobbit Part I & Part II.

Official Film Titles Announced – March 2nd Titles Confirmed
May 30th, 2011 by newsfrombree
Right smack dab in the middle of the Memorial Day Holiday in the US, Warner Brothers has announced the official titles for the two upcoming ‘The Hobbit‘ films. As previously reported in March, they are ‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey‘ and ‘The Hobbit: There and Back Again.’ Click ‘continue reading’ for the full release!

“THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY” AND “THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN” ARE ANNOUNCED AS TITLES OF PETER JACKSON’S EPIC TWO-FILM ADAPTATION OF J.R.R. TOLKIEN’S TIMELESS CLASSIC THE HOBBIT

First film slated to open on December 14, 2012 and second film to be released on December 13, 2013
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2011/05/30/44800-official-film-titles-announced-march-2nd-titles-confirmed/

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I hope they get the dragon right. Hollywood always makes dragons sissy.

Dion

Ober Field Marshal
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, he was done both right and wrong. He was monstrous, but he wasn't sadistic nor very evil. In other words he was done Hollywood style, he just wasn't made to be as "sissy" as dragons of old. The whole movie was pretty much like that, not just the dragon. Wish it was more like The Lord of the Rings, where things were more believable, more about Middle Earth and less about Hollywood. What was more disturbing was it took three movies to complete the story. That was acceptable with The Lord of the Rings because the book was 1,000 some pages long, but the Hobbit was only 200 some pages long.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Well, he was done both right and wrong. He was monstrous, but he wasn't sadistic nor very evil. In other words he was done Hollywood style, he just wasn't made to be as "sissy" as dragons of old. The whole movie was pretty much like that, not just the dragon. Wish it was more like The Lord of the Rings, where things were more believable, more about Middle Earth and less about Hollywood. What was more disturbing was it took three movies to complete the story. That was acceptable with The Lord of the Rings because the book was 1,000 some pages long, but the Hobbit was only 200 some pages long.
I was fine with them expanding the story, I just didn't much like the way they stretched it with silly action scenes like the barrel ride or the final battle with all that phony Hollywood "suspense."

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was fine with them expanding the story, I just didn't much like the way they stretched it with silly action scenes like the barrel ride or the final battle with all that phony Hollywood "suspense."
The absurdly vast, unending pile of gold, more gold than the gold in a whole galaxy, turned it into a fire breathing Scrooge McDuck cartoon and ruined the movie for me. Also, the part in the book when Smaug wakes up and notices the cup missing was skipped, I always thought that was a funny incident, a cool scene cut. Tolkien is puking in his grave, too bad because the other LoTR movies are incredibly good . D-

Last edited:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maybe, instead of calling it ‘The Hobbit’ call it ‘Hobbitty Thing on bad Mushrooms’.

Last edited: