The HASL print-runs question

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Does anyone remember what was the number of print runs for Festung Budapest (I recall two) and were there any differences between them? How about the rest of the HASL modules / historical studies?

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I might be mistaken, but I don't believe that MMP have ever advertised the size of the print runs of any of their products.

21Z5M

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the question was how many times did they print the HASL not the number of items. Ie a print run done twice as opposed to 5000 copies being printed.

Last edited:

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Does anyone remember what was the number of print runs for Festung Budapest (I recall two) and were there any differences between them? How about the rest of the HASL modules / historical studies?
I believe there was really only one "true" (for lack if a better word) print run of Budapest. But something like 25-30% of the countersheets were not ok to be used so MMP had maps, rules, scenario cards etc. left over.

At a later time some (perhaps 8 out of 10) of the countersheets were re-printed and more Budapest were built from the old stuff + newly printed countersheets. I have a copy of each and I know some of the countersheets have a different copyrigth year that the first version.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
I believe there was really only one "true" (for lack if a better word) print run of Budapest. But something like 25-30% of the countersheets were not ok to be used so MMP had maps, rules, scenario cards etc. left over.

At a later time some (perhaps 8 out of 10) of the countersheets were re-printed and more Budapest were built from the old stuff + newly printed countersheets. I have a copy of each and I know some of the countersheets have a different copyrigth year that the first version.
Thanks! Do you remember the years in which those editions were printed*? I'd search more for them, maybe will try to find new countersheets. IIRC one of the printings has had counter artwork slightly off the center?

*I'm just teasing, of course you remember. <3

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Best to ask the curator of the ASL, what was the final pre-order count was, before the item in question was put into assemble/ship mode.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Best to ask the curator of the ASL, what was the final pre-order count was, before the item in question was put into assemble/ship mode.
Like 21Z5M pointed out, by print run I didn't mean the number of copies of each print, but rather number of printings and/or editions of each module.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Well, RB had at least two print runs by TAHGC, because the 1st copy I got had official errata already incorporated. I could easily believe that the total number of TAHGC print runs was three or four. Then MMP reprinted it as a part of BV2 (with updated rules), and then again as part of RF (with more updated rules).

It appears that FB had, like, 1.5 print runs. KR (in Journal #2) was printed twice (because that issue was reprinted).

I strongly doubt that any other HASL has had more than a single print run.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
The original run was in 2012, there was a second printing as I recall. But there were no changes, it is still in the 1st Edition.
The ASL Armory does no show any Counter Errata to the 1st Edition, with only the addition of scenarios FB18 (J10) and FB19 (J11).