The Goriest Game Ever Made

Marines

Reaction score
George Romero and American McGee Team Up

Film legend and Dawn of the Dead creator George Romero is teaming up with gaming luminary American McGee for City of the Dead,, which McGee claims will “Be the goriest game ever made.” The title developed by Asylum Entertainment, will naturally have an aggressive survival horror aspect guided with input from the man who put zombies on the map in the first place – Romeo (who is currently planning two new zombie flicks: The Night of the Living Dead sequel Land of the Dead, and the undead rock ‘n roll musical, Diamond Dead). As the pair are currently shopping around to publishers, there are known game play details or a release date.

GI,OCT.04

chrisvalla

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Given McGee's Alice and Romero's obvious pedigree... yeah, I could see and R rating on this...

I don't suppose this will be a Disney/Pixar release tie in with the movies will it? :nuts:

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
goriest game ever made was the VCD release Phantasmagoria - basically a point and click interactive movie along the lines of Voyeur, with muhc the same absolute lack of player control ;)

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Marines said:

Film legend and Dawn of the Dead creator George Romero is teaming up with gaming luminary American McGee for City of the Dead,, which McGee claims will “Be the goriest game ever made.”
Sounds like my kind of game...:laugh:

I'm too afraid to even play Doom ]|[...

Patrocles

Reaction score
Marines said:

Film legend and Dawn of the Dead creator George Romero is teaming up with gaming luminary American McGee for City of the Dead,, which McGee claims will “Be the goriest game ever made.” The title developed by Asylum Entertainment, will naturally have an aggressive survival horror aspect guided with input from the man who put zombies on the map in the first place – Romeo (who is currently planning two new zombie flicks: The Night of the Living Dead sequel Land of the Dead, and the undead rock ‘n roll musical, Diamond Dead). As the pair are currently shopping around to publishers, there are known game play details or a release date.

GI,OCT.04
bizarre! I'm surprised there is a comp game market for this! ha ha

Marines

Reaction score
I'm a huge Romero fan and any game that has his input is a must buy for me.

The story so far is that it will be a shoot'em up game.

"Lettts Roooock!"

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The promo material for this that was used to present to publishers has been up on the internet for several months. Should be interesting, because Romero is the greatest.

And stop bothering to name previous games that were gory, remember this is being made now, by one of the most lavish users of gore in movies... Trust me, Romero knows gore.

Marines

Reaction score
Overseer said:
The promo material for this that was used to present to publishers has been up on the internet for several months. Should be interesting, because Romero is the greatest.

And stop bothering to name previous games that were gory, remember this is being made now, by one of the most lavish users of gore in movies... Trust me, Romero knows gore.
YES!!!! Get ready for one hell of a scare as Romero is GOD!

I only hope its cross platform.

JeremyScott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would have to agree that the SOF series was gory. I played both ack in their hay day. I also thought American McGee's Alice was a bit on the edge. Never did get to play his OZ version.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
foster said:
The Grand theft auto series would get my vote for most gory.
It's violent but not gory. I saw more gore in one section of the first Silent Hill then I did in all of GTA3 and GTA:Vice City.

The Resident Evil games were quite gory also.