The GOP's continuing support of Moore in Alabama

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Sand Bar Bill, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Sand Bar Bill

Sand Bar Bill Summertime

Jul 30, 2006
    The greenhouse
    The new brand of Republican who will justify any conduct, excuse any behavior, rationalize any rhetoric, adopt any conspiracy theory and deny any evidence to protect the “tribe.” It’s nothing short of moral nihilism.

- writes Jennifer Rubin of the WaPo, its conservative columnist, regarding the continuing support of Moore by many GOP leaders.

Moore may well win Alabama. Anybody but a Democrat, no matter how depraved.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  2. JimWhite

JimWhite Active Member Silver Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2003
    Newark, Delaware
    Yeah...kind of puts that looooooooooong time Democratic support of Robert 'KKK' Byrd to shame.

MAS01 likes this.
  3. Paul M. Weir

Paul M. Weir Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2004
    Dublin
    I suppose GOP now stands for Groping Orange Paedophiles?

Not that it is an exclusive club, the Ds had that "Dick Pic" guy from NY, name escapes me (OK, found him, Anthony Weiner, most appropriate surname), but he was dropped like a turd when that came out and is now doing time.

As for winning in Alabama, nothing would surprise me, for some to marry anyone more distant than third cousin would be like marrying a foreigner.

The test for the GOP is whether they will actively oppose Moore and withdraw his name. If they don't then they deserve the fallout.

4. bendizoid

bendizoid Official ***** Dickweed

Sep 11, 2006
    Viet Nam
    The timing of this makes it a political hit job.

5. Paul M. Weir

Apr 3, 2004
    Dublin
    Maybe, but the real question is do you believe the women? At least one of them, I suspect most, voted Trump. Run for office and everybody will be looking for skeletons, regardless of party. Do you want to be represented by a scumbag that drags your party into the sewer?

6. Sand Bar Bill

Sand Bar Bill Summertime

Jul 30, 2006
    The greenhouse
    Let's believe that Hillary
    Well, they certainly wouldn't have reported it if he wasn't running for office that is for sure.

My understanding it is a carefully researched story with over 20 witnesses.

7. Sand Bar Bill

Sand Bar Bill Summertime

Jul 30, 2006
    The greenhouse
    This isn't some Breitbart news story, I am sure WaPo was very careful.

I think the Democrats are better than this, they wouldn't excuse this. There have been statements by Alabama GOP leaders they are going to vote for him anyway.

8. bendizoid

bendizoid Official ***** Dickweed

Sep 11, 2006
    Viet Nam
    Lol

9. JimWhite

Feb 4, 2003
    Newark, Delaware
    Those who continually spout off to everybody about how they are so enlightened and inclusive are usually the true bigots.

10. Paul M. Weir

Apr 3, 2004
    Dublin
    Well, I did say "some".

Yes I am bigoted, bigoted against ignorant, foul or injurious behaviour.

While I can, to some extent, understand someone who votes for a Bush, McCain or Romney, I have no sympathy for someone who fully understands who the likes of Trump or Moore are, but votes for them anyway. Trump, being the seasoned conman, fooled many, many people. Moore is the type who would make an Ayatollah blush in shame.

11. Marty Ward

Marty Ward Active Member

Feb 17, 2006
    Maryland
    Yeah like the ones in DC who voted for Marion Barry after he was caught smoking crack with whores. He should have been run out of town but instead they are putting up a monument to hum.

12. JimWhite

Feb 4, 2003
    Newark, Delaware
    So provided you only attack 'some' then that makes your bigoted/hateful statement OK?

Got it.

13. Paul M. Weir

Apr 3, 2004
    Dublin
    Good point, I would be unlikely to vote for him or similar, but at least he was messing about with adults (I assume) not minors and poisoning himself.

14. Paul M. Weir

Apr 3, 2004
    Dublin
    If the shoe fits ...

15. Marty Ward

Marty Ward Active Member

Feb 17, 2006
    Maryland
    Yeah but they elected him again a few years after he was caught. Now they want to build him a statue.

Moore can say it was 30 years ago and he's changed. There will be people who will buy that. Of course there were those who signed petitions for Polanski to be cleared too. There are always idiots.

16. JimWhite

Feb 4, 2003
    Newark, Delaware
    I'm assuming yours fits quite comfortably...

17. Sparafucil3

Sparafucil3 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Oct 7, 2004
    USA
    Seriously, you make it sound as if there were a test, any test, which they could take and pass your moral compass. Let me spare you the reading, there clearly isn't one. You hate them. We get it. As foreign to you as a tooth brush and fluoridated water. -- jim

18. Mister T

Mister T Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2006
    Bruxelles
    You sound like more and more like Hundsdorfer :rolleyes:

19. Paul M. Weir

Apr 3, 2004
    Dublin
    The National Republican Senatorial Committee has suddenly cut funding to Moore, so I regard that as going a long, long way to passing my test. I don't think they could do much more, since the Alabama Republicans seem to still back Moore, short of sending down a hitman. As for the Alabama Republicans who still support Moore .... Ugh, disgusting.

Do I hate many Republican policies? Yes, because I believe they are divisive and harm lower income people in favour of the rich and powerful, but I see that as just about being within the normal range of political discourse. The antics of Moore, Trump or Weiner are disgusting and should not be tolerated, ever. Even without the sexual stuff, Trump is clearly harming the US and threatening world peace and both Trump and Moore are a threat to your constitution and the integrity of US society. Trump has been called more than once The Divider In Chief and Moore is clearly the US version of an Iranian Ayatollah.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  20. Sparafucil3

Sparafucil3 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Oct 7, 2004
    USA
    Here's a news flash for you, ALL POLITICS are divisive and only fools and idiots believe otherwise. You think any politician gives an actual fuck about you or me beyond the vote we cast to keep them in power? You think for a second rich and powerful people don't get favor from both sides of the aisle? Just because you happen to like your rich and powerful overlords more than the other side's rich and powerful overlords, don't think for a second they both aren't lining up to take a push into your bent over ass.

I despise Donald Trump as a human being more than just about any person here. I despised what my party has become more than just about anyone here. But nothing will drive me back to them more quickly than a sanctimonious, holier than though, know-it-all from the outside lecturing me on what I need to do. I don't care about America's position in the world. It isn't relevant to me any longer. I don't care about world peace. I don't care what anyone think's of American Integrity. If you think you can get a better deal from China, or Russia, or Brazil, or Korea, or Ireland, then go fucking make it and leave us out of it. How about you step up onto the worlds stage and lead for a while? How about you foot the bill for it for a while? It's easy to snipe from the sidelines, reading your books and smugly criticizing. -- jim

Fort and JimWhite like this.