"The General" ..question

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
ALL of the General on a cd rom, I would drop cash on that in a mere blink of an eye.

I own sooooo many games that would benefit from it too.

I have the Dragon Magazine cds set they made, and yes, it was very well done.

As long as the cd had graphics for all the counters inserted over the years.

Thing is though, does Hasbro even have what is needed to make such a beast?

Me thinks they don't even have the materials.

They would almost certainly have to put out a call for someone to submit the physical items first.
But wait this is Hasbro we are talking about here.
I am not overly encouraged.

I am likely more able to find indpendently scanned copies through "the usual" methods.

R.S. Barker

0-52 baby!
Reaction score
Aries said:

They would almost certainly have to put out a call for someone to submit the physical items first.

That was the reason why I made mention of perhaps a community project. In essence, it would help relieve Hasbro/MMP of doing such a creation and IF they are not willing to do such an item due to time constraints/money etc, then IF we had permission, we could create it.

I just want the project done, and I'm willing to help make this a reality.

Cheers,

P.S.
I emailed the Gent at Hasbro, so if I find out anything, I'll be sure to post the reply here.

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Not only the General but naturally the whole rules set will have to be placed on some e-format sooner or later... The delays with the current rulebook reprints prove that!

And yes, i would buy (with a lot of globally worthless Aussie Dollars :cry: )

WaterRabbit

Reaction score
Country
llGreenland
Ole Boe said:
I think its a good idea too.

I would even consider buying it for myself, even though I'm only one or two issues short of owning every General with ASL content. Having it on a searchable CD would be much more convenient.

...but I thought MMP had the rigths to all TAHG ASL material, also the material published in the General. They have made available for free download a number of scenarios first published in the General (A-H?), and didn't FKaC incude some reissued General scenarios?
Are you thinking of ASL Classic? FKaC is almost all reprints of BackBlast scenarios.