The Evil TD

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Coming off a 2-year COVID hiatus, the Rocky Mountain Rumble will be held this weekend at Greg Hubbard's palacious abode in Greeley. Sadly, though, it looks like we have 15 participants, including Greg, which means he's currently planning on sitting things out because he's just that kinda guy.

Which seems unjust and wrong that Greg doesn't even get to play in the tournament that's being held in his own dang house. I mean, the fumigation bill alone will be thousands.

But what can we do if there's an odd number of players? A-HA. Enter: The Evil TD.

In every round, before the round starts, a player can choose to take a Loss but replace himself with The Evil TD for that round's matchup against his opponent. The Evil TD steps in for that player and gets a chance to tag a Loss on the opponent, thus sowing chaos and discord in the ranks, much to the delight of the Evil TD's evil heart.

In the case of multiple players wishing to use the Evil TD in a given round, the Evil TD gets to choose which game he will step in for.

The Evil TD doesn't maintain a W/L record or advance in the tournament, but he "wins" by spoiling it for the rest of us, or at least, one person in every round.

I think this is the most fabulous idea imagineable. I've put it to the FRASL minions, and we'll see if they go for it.

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Coming off a 2-year COVID hiatus, the Rocky Mountain Rumble will be held this weekend at Greg Hubbard's palacious abode in Fort Collins. Sadly, though, it looks like we have 15 participants, including Greg, which means he's currently planning on sitting things out because he's just that kinda guy.

Which seems unjust and wrong that Greg doesn't even get to play in the tournament that's being held in his own dang house. I mean, the fumigation bill alone will be thousands.

But what can we do if there's an odd number of players? A-HA. Enter: The Evil TD.

In every round, before the round starts, a player can choose to take a Loss but replace himself with The Evil TD for that round's matchup against his opponent. The Evil TD steps in for that player and gets a chance to tag a Loss on the opponent, thus sowing chaos and discord in the ranks, much to the delight of the Evil TD's evil heart.

In the case of multiple players wishing to use the Evil TD in a given round, the Evil TD gets to choose which game he will step in for.

The Evil TD doesn't maintain a W/L record or advance in the tournament, but he "wins" by spoiling it for the rest of us, or at least, one person in every round.

I think this is the most fabulous idea imagineable. I've put it to the FRASL minions, and we'll see if they go for it.
Well it certainly beats the alternative of him not being able to play That actually is an interesting idea. If it is used please post an ETDAAR. I am very curious to know how it would work and how it was received by the attendees.

Another idea would be to have some three person scenarios available that he could participate in. Just some quick conjugating, haven't really thought that idea through.

Is the new guy you and Jazz were trying to get to attend going to? A great way for him to help out your event.