chris_olden

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Really?
This whole thread is yet another in a long line of
attempts by you to pi$$ people off.
Threads like this should never make it past page one.
Without exception any thread with "S.S." in the title
ends up being a monkey sh!t fight at the zoo.

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
I wish to play a given SS scenario, which I have Thought as a cool scenario, its called A Place of Honor From CoS and has the Totenkopf Div.

I like the scenario but is playing the SS side unethical?.

Am I a bad person for doing so?
Scott
I have no problem with the SS in ASL ... AS LONG AS THEY LOSE!

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To my knowledge, there has been no prosecution by the Western Allies committed by their military against Germans (and of course neither by the Russians).

So if soldiers of the Western Allies have committed war crimes against Germans, they will not be held responsible until they face the Lord.

von Marwitz
Biscari massacre

War crimes (Murder of POWs)

Sergeant Horace T. West: court-martialed and was found guilty, stripped of rank and sentenced to life in prison, though he was later released as a private. Captain John T. Compton was court-martialed for killing 40 POWs in his charge. He claimed to be following orders. The investigating officer and the Judge Advocate declared that Compton's actions were unlawful, but he was acquitted.

Following the capture of Biscari Airfield in Sicily on July 14, 1943, seventy-six German and Italian POWs were shot by American troops of the 180th Regimental Combat Team, 45th Division during the Allied invasion of Sicily. These killings occurred in two separate incidents between July and August 1943.

Salina, Utah POW massacre

War crimes (Murder of POWs)

Private Clarence V. Bertucci determined to be insane and confined to a mental institution

Private Clarence V. Bertucci fired a machine gun from one of the guard towers into the tents that were being used to accommodate the German prisoners of war. Nine were killed and 20 were injured.

Know you know of at least two.

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I second that as after all it is only a game not a political statement!!
I had never owned ASL Black SS counters until recently....and i don't think I have ever played with them. Doesn't mean I wouldn't however...as it is JUST A GAME, and I don't feel any sympatico towards the SS because I have that side in a scenario, no matter what color they are. I think the whole issue is just plain silly...

Tempest in a teapot.

Bugslayer

Reaction score
You are missing the point. You have repeatedly said it was raining everywhere. I'm saying no, that's misleading; there was torrential rain and flash flooding in Germany, Japan and the USSR, and light drizzle in the UK and USA.

I accept your bona fides that you are not an apologist. However, much of your commentary reads like an apologia. Perhaps you are simply unaware of the nuances of the historical discourse on these matters.
I said it was raining everywhere and you say no it was a torrential downpour and flash flooding in one and a light drizzle elsewhere, yet if your in a convertable your wet in both situations! As far as the historical discourse on these matters. I have 3 different college History Profs. that will disagree highly, I just don't use the same tunnel vision as others do on the subject.

Nor am I a culural self-loathing America blaming whatever the rest of that nonsense is. I am a proud American, I was also proud of my grandfather who fought in WW2, but that won't keep me from saying he was an A**Hole when he got drunk! Judging people without knowing anything about them is the mark of a very small mind, I'm sure if we ever meet up at an event you won't think any of that bull.

Bugslayer

Reaction score
they are all pieces of cardboard representing a squad of 10 men you command to achieve victory conditions....period. Nothing else, if you read more into it you need help!

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since you took the time to start this valuable thread, I'll answer your questions directly.

I like the scenario but is playing the SS side unethical?.
No.

Am I a bad person for doing so?
Yes, but that has nothing to do with your first question... :bite:

Steve

PS. Someone please rep Chris Olden for me.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Steve, its always nice to have the best and elite tourney scenario player in the world drop in on us little guys with their valued opinion.

Scott

Since you took the time to start this valuable thread, I'll answer your questions directly.

No.

Yes, but that has nothing to do with your first question... :bite:

Steve

PS. Someone please rep Chris Olden for me.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Um, how many threads do we have covering this?

*The Witch stares with delight into her brew as she stirs the pot, wishing for the concoction to come onto the lips of those who open their mouths for her*
This was the third post in this thread when it was made.....

That witch's arms are f*cken tired from stirring the pot.

jpellam

Kamikaze Landing Gear
Reaction score
I said it was raining everywhere and you say no it was a torrential downpour and flash flooding in one and a light drizzle elsewhere, yet if your in a convertable your wet in both situations! As far as the historical discourse on these matters. I have 3 different college History Profs. that will disagree highly, I just don't use the same tunnel vision as others do on the subject.

Nor am I a culural self-loathing America blaming whatever the rest of that nonsense is. I am a proud American, I was also proud of my grandfather who fought in WW2, but that won't keep me from saying he was an A**Hole when he got drunk! Judging people without knowing anything about them is the mark of a very small mind, I'm sure if we ever meet up at an event you won't think any of that bull.
Dude, you need to take a chill pill. You have a life span of 37 posts in this forum and your the only one that does not get that this is just a trolling for trouble thread and you swallowed the hook. With out a worm on it even.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
And great American cuisine is? Marshmallow fluff perhaps or maybe cheese in a can?

Can any of you come close to a deep fired mars bar?
Hey! Don't knock cheese in a can. With a little imagination and a willing lady . . . . . . :yummy:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
My behaviour has improved: my first post was #39 ! :coolban:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I just don't use the same tunnel vision as others do on the subject
Total relativisation of levels of crime seriousness?
We are all sinners, after all, so why make a difference between a mass murderer and someone who stole an apple in a grocery?:nuts:

Blaze

Final Fired
Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States
I'm sorry *has a lost look* I'm looking for the NKVD thread titled "Are you an evil commie for playing NKVD scenarios using the Hammer and sickle logo" I think I made a wrong turn and ended up in SS land.....

Please help!