The Ethics of Scenarios With SS

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wish to play a given SS scenario, which I have Thought as a cool scenario, its called A Place of Honor From CoS and has the Totenkopf Div.

I like the scenario but is playing the SS side unethical?.

Am I a bad person for doing so?

Scott

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wish to play a given SS scenario, which I have Thought as a cool scenario, its called A Place of Honor From CoS and has the Totenkopf Div.

Scott
Only if you use black counters with SKULLS on them, then you suck as human being.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Um, how many threads do we have covering this?

*The Witch stares with delight into her brew as she stirs the pot, wishing for the concoction to come onto the lips of those who open their mouths for her*

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Scott
If you're going to ask questions like this we should set you up with a regular weekly appointment.

We here at GameSquad Psycho-therapy don't charge for our services, but we do have lives ya know.

JT

Last edited:

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm having a moral quandary myself; should I answer the OP? should I start another thread about yet another ethical issue in this game? should I merely reply "that's what she said"?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm having a moral quandary myself; should I answer the OP? should I start another thread about yet another ethical issue in this game? should I merely reply "that's what she said"?
I think you shopuld start another ethical thread lol. I'm sure many posters arms are not sore yet from patting them selves on the back which seems to be the norm around here.

scott

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'll just recycle my reply from the other thread...no, you're a bad person for many other reasons:)

DerBlitzer

Reaction score
Country
llTurkey
All this has been addressed before, particularly with the infamous Mila 18 thread (at least, the beginning of it), but to give a serious answer: you could also feel unethical for playing the Russians, since they committed a large number of atrocities on their march west to Berlin, and in Berlin itself. Or the Japanese. Or for that matter, just about any nationality in the war. Some people won't use the Massacre rule. But is keeping rate on an HMG for, say, six rolls in a row against troops in the open with a -2 leader any different? I do occasionally feel guilty for enjoying the "killing" in a war game, but the feeling doesn't last long. It's all too abstract. But I wonder how many veterans who have actually killed the enemy play wargames?

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Are you trying to get Pitman back here, Scott? ;)

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What did the beat horse say at the glue factory?

"Paradise"