The end of the ASLverse?

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cosmologists believe that over trillions of years, as the universe continues to expand all the stars will burn out, all the black holes will evaporate and all that will be left will be an increasingly "empty" universe of diffuse matter and low energy photons approaching absolute zero. This is the so-called heat-death of the universe.

So how will ASL end?

Will the last SASL player die, leaving his widow to throw out his game collection?

Will a religious war erupt? Raaco versus Plano, or will followers of the church of non-circumcised counters declare Jihad against the counter clippers? Will Mutually Assured Destruction result in a nuclear winter due to all the smoke and ash from the burning counters, maps, scenario cards and rule books? On the plus side, it could postpone global warming, but the billions who die from the resulting famine probably won't be grateful.

Will Tom Repetti die with the final hex of the final map sheet of the final HASL module completing the entire Stalingrad battlefield unfinished? Like the animator in Monty Python and the Holy Grail? If so, will it be revered like the unfinished "The Entombment" by Michelangelo?

Will the last 2 ASL players on Earth meet for a final game of Totsugeki! and then give their collections a proper Viking send-off?

Will post-apocalyptic tribes living in some wasteland like Idaho or Australia worship their tattered copies of the rule book and their Plano/Racco ossuaries of faded, tattered, mouldering counters (like the bones of the Saints), mouthing words from the holy rule book that they don't understand and ritualistically performing vehicular bypass freeze and OBA incantations from rote?

Will future human or alien archaeologists unearth a buried man-cave with an unfinished game of "The Last Bid" set up and the mummified remains of the two opponents still clutching their Battle School precision dice?

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
Not sure how the ultimate end will come but the final sign of the impending end times will be Hasbro revoking MMP's license, issuing a cease-and-desist to all TPP, shutting down VASL, then only releasing new ASL product in the form of clicky-base miniatures and collectable card game materials.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cosmologists believe that over trillions of years, as the universe continues to expand all the stars will burn out, all the black holes will evaporate and all that will be left will be an increasingly "empty" universe of diffuse matter and low energy photons approaching absolute zero. This is the so-called heat-death of the universe.

So how will ASL end?

Will the last SASL player die, leaving his widow to throw out his game collection?

Will a religious war erupt? Raaco versus Plano, or will followers of the church of non-circumcised counters declare Jihad against the counter clippers? Will Mutually Assured Destruction result in a nuclear winter due to all the smoke and ash from the burning counters, maps, scenario cards and rule books? On the plus side, it could postpone global warming, but the billions who die from the resulting famine probably won't be grateful.

Will Tom Repetti die with the final hex of the final map sheet of the final HASL module completing the entire Stalingrad battlefield unfinished? Like the animator in Monty Python and the Holy Grail? If so, will it be revered like the unfinished "The Entombment" by Michelangelo?

Will the last 2 ASL players on Earth meet for a final game of Totsugeki! and then give their collections a proper Viking send-off?

Will post-apocalyptic tribes living in some wasteland like Idaho or Australia worship their tattered copies of the rule book and their Plano/Racco ossuaries of faded, tattered, mouldering counters (like the bones of the Saints), mouthing words from the holy rule book that they don't understand and ritualistically performing vehicular bypass freeze and OBA incantations from rote?

Will future human or alien archaeologists unearth a buried man-cave with an unfinished game of "The Last Bid" set up and the mummified remains of the two opponents still clutching their Battle School precision dice?
you need a hobby. Oh, wait?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Can I have your stuff, or is all this talk about the end of the ASLverse just chit-chat? Oh, wait.

JR

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I plan to memorize the rules, charts, and map boards so I can print them out in heaven between harp lessons.
Asians have a time tested delivery system where we burn your stuff while mumbling your name and it gets delivered to you on whatever spectral plane you end up. Worth looking into.

(Call me for a special discount)

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
The Final Resting Place of ASL will be in The Castle Aaaaarrggghh....

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Asians have a time tested delivery system where we burn your stuff while mumbling your name and it gets delivered to you on whatever spectral plane you end up. Worth looking into.

(Call me for a special discount)
Sorry I'm allergic to incense. But if everyone will memorize a random chapter it will go a lot easier.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
You left out the eternal rivalry between the BV box devotees, precision dice fanatics, three heretical dice clan and the dice gods temple priests. Will there ever be only one? Maybe if they are a Highlander....

Major Issues

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vince
Country
llUnited States
Already there are signs that this is The End Of Times, as IIFT devotees like myself are forced to secretly worship in dank basements with the few remaining members of our heretical cult, while the torch-carrying True Believers seek to eliminate us to purify the Family...

"Help us, Lord Grofaz, we beseech you..."

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This is how I hope to end my days :

BTW good post.............remember to roll low..............duck when your opponent has had it with their dice...............and remember the weapon you most need will
break the first time you use it !!!!!!

Shane

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I can see it now ..

Human remains of 2 males hunched over a table with decayed paper bits .. curiously wearing tattered remains of what might pass for bathrobes at the time. Big stacks of papers (binded with 3 metal rings) on their laps. Ancient beer bottles on the floor ..

Scholars will call them "Ancient Geeks", not to confused with the proud people who produced Alexander the Great.

At least they won't know how overweight, or how bald or how good we smelled.

This is how I hope to end my days :

BTW good post.............remember to roll low..............duck when your opponent has had it with their dice...............and remember the weapon you most need will
break the first time you use it !!!!!!

Shane

Last edited: