The Eagle has landed DVD

doomonyou

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I found this while cruising through On Cue. Its based on the great Jack Higgins book. Is it worth the $10.00?

Reaction score
doomonyou said:
I found this while cruising through On Cue. Its based on the great Jack Higgins book. Is it worth the $10.00?
If this is the Michael Caine, Donald Sutherland movie, it is worth $10.

I have read the book, and seen the movie many times. I wouldn't pay the premium price normally found in Audio/Video shops, but $10 is not a bad price for the entertainment value.

doomonyou

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great! thanks doc. I did a double take when I saw this. Looks like a great cast Michael Caine, Robert Duvall, Donald Sutherland to name a few.

doomonyou

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Iron Mike USMC said:
If this is the Michael Caine, Donald Sutherland movie, it is worth $10.

I have read the book, and seen the movie many times. I wouldn't pay the premium price normally found in Audio/Video shops, but $10 is not a bad price for the entertainment value.
Yes, Thats the one.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Interesting 'what-if' but not even vaguely factual. Although, it does have a great action (battle) sequence in the fight for the village.

:horse: <---American Rangers :ar15: <---German Commandoes

The Doctor

Junk Science Debunker
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Directed by John Sturges too!! Magnificent 7, The Great Escape, Hour of the Gun, Ice Station Zebra, Joe Kidd...lots of great movies.

horatio_nelson

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The Doctor said:
It's a pretty good flick...not as good as the book. Michael Caine is great as usual.
I totally agree. It is a great movie, but no movie that I have ever watched has been of the same calibre as the book. I recommend either reading the book ro watching the movie, or both!

RichardS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
horatio_nelson said:
I totally agree. It is a great movie, but no movie that I have ever watched has been of the same calibre as the book. I recommend either reading the book ro watching the movie, or both!

Watch the movie THEN read the book, Otherwise the movie is a disappointment.

:flag:

doomonyou

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So I watched the movie tonight. Not to bad, I thought it left out some of the good parts of the book. The script seemed pretty accurate. Execpt for the whistling to the dogs part! overall not too bad.