The Devil's Cauldron module

Swampwallaby

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
By the way Brent, isn't TDC based on the Panzer Command game system (I think I read at CSW)? If so, I will really be paying close attention to how you did the chit-pull for that one.
Yes, that's right. I don't know anything about Panzer Command, but Adam has modelled the Chit-pull/Unit Activation system very closely on the PC system.

I spent quite a lot of time fine tuning this part of the module (not to mention writing 'Trigger Action' and 'Counter Global Key Command' along the way:surprise: )

Each unit belongs to a Formation, each formation belongs to a Division. Each Formation and each division has a chit that might go into the coffee mug (Deck).

When a Chit is drawn, all matching units Activate and may perform an action.

Each Chit has a Global Key Command that Activates all units in the matching Formation or Division. As units are moved, or do other commands, the Activation status changes from yellow (ready) to green (done). A Trigger Action helps to keep this all in sync.

I also wrote a modified Unit Highlighter so that when a counter is selected, they are marked in red if they are not in command range of their matching Leader. I have some ideas on making this generic for inclusion in core VASSAL also.

GJK

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yup, that's how PC works!

I had the semi-new "area of effect" tagged to display command radius - still not sure how I'm going to do the chit-pull system short of a blatant rip-off of how you're doing it for TDC.... :laugh:

Seriously, I've never played PC - a friend gave me his players copy over a year ago, so this was next on my list. Reading the rules though, I'm not sure if it's my cup o' tea though.

By the way, I'm keeping hush-hush on your new additions for the next build of VASSAL, but I'll say here that you're going to make lots of people happy with what you've done!

Keith Todd

Reaction score
I had to cancel my pre-order of TDC :( awhile back. Hearing this just makes it all the more important to keep adding to the TDC pot so I can get it.

Thank all of you for providing the VASSAL mods and features,

Keith

Keith Todd

Reaction score
Keith Todd said:
I had to cancel my pre-order of TDC :( awhile back. Hearing this just makes it all the more important to keep adding to the TDC pot so I can get it.

Thank all of you for providing the VASSAL mods and features,

Keith
Back on the pre-order list!!! :cheeky:

Keith

Countertroll

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
still on the fence about TDC myself. I know that I will never play it, but man it looks great!
Lets see what my taxes bring...

Keith Todd

Reaction score
Countertroll said:
still on the fence about TDC myself. I know that I will never play it, but man it looks great!
Lets see what my taxes bring...
Yea, :nervous: we still owe each other a game of WW and SoS.

Someday though, right?

:)

Keith

Countertroll

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought that we were still playing our WW game. I sent you a log on 1/29 and figured that you would get to it when you get to it.
And again, I am up for converting it to VASSAL and doing some pbem/Live mix after we complete the current year.