The British European Referendum

Should Britain leave the EU?

• Total voters

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
take this for its worth Paul. I've been following this thread for some time and have it found it extremely informative. Love your posts and the links and articles you've been posting. Being an extremely opinionated person of course I have my thoughts on all this but some time it is best to keep ones mouth shut and let the people who know it best .. not to mention affected by this utter trainwreck talk about it.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
It’s a new twist for Chicken Little. Now it’s smear tactics and fear mongering.
Starting to believe Paul_RS is a Russian Bot, and if he is not then he is for sure the blue-print how a Russian Bot should duplicate his narrative of an anti-democratic Gulag-Politruk.

Toby Pilling

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Anti-Brexit campaign appears to breach electoral law:

Toby Pilling

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I don’t condone it but...
...you'll make a joke of someone seeking democratic election being physically assaulted. Foul, just foul:

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
...you'll make a joke of someone seeking democratic election being physically assaulted. Foul, just foul:
Other than embarrassment and a need for a wash, no real harm done. The funny part is that he looks like a Trafalgar Square statue after a pigeon party. The late Jo Cox on the other hand really had something to complain about.

Quite honestly, given the divisiveness of Brexit, if milkshakes are the worst thing to happen, then I will be quite happy.

Sparafucil3

Elder Member
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Other than embarrassment and a need for a wash, no real harm done. The funny part is that he looks like a Trafalgar Square statue after a pigeon party. The late Jo Cox on the other hand really had something to complain about.
Said by every bully everywhere. Then you lament the violence that comes later as a result of the inevitable escalation. -- jim

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
While I confess taking a bit of pleasure in the milkshaking of both Farage and Yaxly-Lennon, I don't approve of it. Consider in these situations the effect would ahve if it were a politician you support on the end of it. Besides, both these charecters deserve to have attention focused upon their policies and this conduct allows them to distract us form the hatefulnees and lack of sense in theor polices.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llRussia
Said by every bully everywhere. Then you lament the violence that comes later as a result of the inevitable escalation. -- jim
It's terrible.

Having said that, seventy years back our grandads shot cunts like Farage and Robinson/Yaxley-Lennon.

When a Labour MP, Jo Cox, was stabbed to death a couple of years back, a number of Farage's cohorts and sponsors came out to attack the husband in the months after the murder. So fuck Farage quite frankly. It's just a pity it wasn't a hungry Staffordshire Bull Terrier that was thrown at him.

There's no one more divisive in this country than those two. Cancerous.

Last edited:

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llRussia
That's modern politics. --jim
True.

But why is that "lefties" (in the UK - I cannot speak for the US) seem so reasonable and just 'pleasant'. Jeremy Corbyn, Vince Cable, etc. Reasonable people whether you agree or not with their politics and affordability of their agendas. The aforementioned Jo Cox, on the left wing of politics, universally respected across all parties.

Whereas the right wingers in this county are so fucking odious that it makes me happy to see them occasionally drenched in milk shake, eggs, and shit.

When your lefties over here disagree with people they seem to shuffle their beards uncomfortably, or raise their eyebrows in protest. Whereas your extreme right here get all stabby, thumpy, and rapey with their counterparts.

Anyway, where's Falk? He'll be here to Gulag me again..."exposed Gulag wanker", Gulag EU, Gulag Gulag Gulag. Schmoolag Gulag.

Sparafucil3

Elder Member
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
But why is that "lefties" (in the UK - I cannot speak for the US) seem so reasonable and just 'pleasant'. Jeremy Corbyn, Vince Cable, etc. Reasonable people whether you agree or not with their politics and affordability of their agendas. The aforementioned Jo Cox, on the left wing of politics, universally respected across all parties.

Whereas the right wingers in this county are so fucking odious that it makes me happy to see them occasionally drenched in milk shake, eggs, and shit.
What's your own proclivity? We tend to think higher of people who think and behave like us. In my country, Lefties tend to be "university types" where as Righties tend to be more plain spoken blue collar. What I notice here seems to imply the educational divide is not just American. -- jim

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llRussia
What's your own proclivity? We tend to think higher of people who think and behave like us. In my country, Lefties tend to be "university types" where as Righties tend to be more plain spoken blue collar. What I notice here seems to imply the educational divide is not just American. -- jim
Probably a fair observation. I'm a little left but not brainlessly so. I'll gladly accept there are decent right wing politicians in this country. I can see the ones that exist. I do take an interest in listening to them. I watch Parliament every day. I don't consider myself blind. But the percentage of utter dick heads, lunatics, and psychopaths on the right of British politics seems very prevalent at this moment in time.

I'm a remainer, but when the vote was cast I felt and said we should crack on with it and make the best of it. Which makes me sound a little more balanced I'd hope you agree by comparison to your Falks and Tobies with their apparent "FUCK YOU LOSERS" agenda and soundbytes.

The bloody pondlife the whole exercise has unearthed and enabled though. We've turned into a horrible country.

Last edited:

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

What didn’t you understand about “ I don’t condone it”? It’s not too difficult surely?

Any way onto another classic blog post from Richard North, a committed leaver. I like to balance the views on Brexit that I read. You should try it some time.

Good stuff from Dr. North,

In this age of information, the individual can no longer claim that lack of information is an issue. Those who preach democracy must know that a functional democratic society requires an informed population, and the ease with which information is available brings a new responsibility. If you have an opinion, it should be your own - not one spoon-fed to you by a passing demagogue.

Those people who so uncritically slurp up Farage's rhetoric are responsible for their own ignorance. There is no retreat from this: they are part of the problem.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Actually it's a de-escalation. The MP that I mentioned, Jo Cox was shot 3 times and stabbed 15 times in 2016 by a right winger Thomas Mair who had a prediliction for Nazi material. So a milkshake is nothing more than a bruised ego. Even in the US where lethal political violence is fairly common there has only been 1 episode by a left winger (the shoot up of a Senate baseball practice game) that I recall in the last 20 years or so. All the rest, Charleston, Magabomber, numerous church/temple shootings and bombings, etc have been done by the right.

So while I would not waste food or beverage on someone like Farage, I'm not going to get the slightest bit upset over the odd thrown egg or rotten tomato. A big turnip from a trebuchet would be a different matter. Ditto stones or anything that can do physical harm.