Should Britain leave the EU?

• Total voters

zgrose

Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
So of those still posting in this thread, who are the Yes voters?
I'm guessing a no-deal Brexit would be OK with them you since it achieves what you wanted. Am I misreading that?

(edit) edited for clarity that I'm asking a Yes voter what's their opinion of a no-deal exit

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Sky News can reveal the armed forces have activated a team in a nuclear bunker beneath the Ministry of Defence to step up preparations for a 'no-deal' Brexit.

This isnt a spoof BTW......

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Sky News can reveal the armed forces have activated a team in a nuclear bunker beneath the Ministry of Defence to step up preparations for a 'no-deal' Brexit.

This isnt a spoof BTW......
The IRA has nukes??????

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I'm guessing a no-deal Brexit would be OK with them you since it achieves what you wanted. Am I misreading that?
Not sure you'll get an answer, they are cowering in the ditches, lol.

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Zero coverage of the march in London on the BBC News webpage, so far. No surprises there.

Last edited:

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

(edit) edited for clarity that I'm asking a Yes voter what's their opinion of a no-deal exit
I know of one who voted yes because he thought It would be good for business and still think that.

Mind you, he works in insolvency...

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llRussia
I know of one who voted yes because he thought It would be good for business and still think that.

Mind you, he works in insolvency...
I know who it is. I also work in insolvency. Numbers already rising dramatically. It's a great time to wrap a failing business up and bury it in a coffin marked Brexit and shitty Directors of shitty Companies know how to play that particular game.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I know who it is. I also work in insolvency. Numbers already rising dramatically. It's a great time to wrap a failing business up and bury it in a coffin marked Brexit and shitty Directors of shitty Companies know how to play that particular game.
It's like the rising tide of fed tape and employment regulations. Good employers struggle to comply but the ones they are aimed at ignore thrm, secure in the knowledge that there are no where near enough enforcers.

Toby Pilling

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Where's Toby Pilling? He maintained a few months that everything would be just fine.
Ha! I promised not to post on this thread any more, so as to leave you Remainers to it. Now you've mentioned me by name...
Sure, I'd be happy with 'no deal' and it would work out just fine. The problem is we have a Remain dominated parliament that is at odds with the majority of the populace who voted to Leave. Our Prime Minister and Chancellor are both Remainers who view Brexit as a bad thing that they have to limit the damage of.

I do love this article from Brendan O'Neil about the petition against democracy:

Oh - for any of our American cousins reading this thread, you should know that most Leavers are mad as hell about the way our rulers are betraying us, and are still keen for us to just get the hell out of the EU. You won't get much indication of that from this thread, of course.

I'll sign off again - tatty bye!

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You should live in a country where the white half gets to decide who's president despite losing the election by 3 million votes.