The British European Referendum

Should Britain leave the EU?

• Total voters

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The draft withdrawal treaty was the best Britain could get. As it has been clearly rejected, extending Art. 50 deadline just for the sake of extending it, almost three years after the referendum, would lead to nowhere.

Britain has to surrender one or several of its red lines for the negotiation to restart on new ground if it wishes an extension, otherwise it is not worth the going.
It's dead.

Parliament voted against May/EU odd deal.

Parliament has also voted against a no deal Brexit.

Therefore it must be scrapped now. It can't possibly happen. It would be a constitutional catastrophe. Far better to have a few days riots, consisting of jobless people who don't like foreigners, then it is to crash out now sans-any kind of deal.

It's a gonner....it's just that May and her cronies won't wish to accept it.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's dead.

Parliament voted against May/EU odd deal.

Parliament has also voted against a no deal Brexit.

Therefore it must be scrapped now. It can't possibly happen. It would be a constitutional catastrophe. Far better to have a few days riots, consisting of jobless people who don't like foreigners, then it is to crash out now sans-any kind of deal.

It's a gonner....it's just that May and her cronies won't wish to accept it.
Yeah, you guys are in a tough spot.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why did nobody warn us this might happen? It's almost like we've been lied to...
In this day and age I am sure there is a lawyer who would take that to court for you...:)

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Why did nobody warn us this might happen? It's almost like we've been lied to...
like the Monty Python dead parrot sketch May is still trying to inject life into her deal.

I beg your pardon? This is an Ex-Parrot! This here parrot has bloody demised! Look here.. HELLO POLLY!

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
What's that awful smell ?

Yes, it's the stinking rotten corpse of Brexit.

Article 50 extension voted for by the UK No marks that inhabit Westminster. Of course it's not just up to them. there's the small matter of the getting the EU to agree to an extension. Without an outcome agreed of what we actually want I'm not holding my breath that the EU will have the patience or fortitude to deal with the spectacle of a group of clowns traversing a minefield for the next few months. It isn't over yet..

Last edited:

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Votes in Parliment means nothing. By law Brexit happens at the end of this month.

Why do remoaners pretends these votes to mean anything?

The only thing that may extend the Brexit from happening is that "all" 27 member states agree on an extension of Article 50 and that will not happen.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
A great review - why the British will not let Germany (or EU if you prefer) win this struggle supported by traitors to democracy and remaintards.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Marina Hyde of the Guardian has been writing some scathing, and often very funny, columns on Brexit over the last few months - here's the latest:

Looked like you conducted your own 'exit' last weekend when you realised that everything we'd said about Blackpool town centre was possibly under-exaggerated - BLEXIT :)

Great to meet you mate. Hope to see you at a future one where I might try to enact my revenge ;)

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Looked like you conducted your own 'exit' last weekend when you realised that everything we'd said about Blackpool town centre was possibly under-exaggerated - BLEXIT :)

Great to meet you mate. Hope to see you at a future one where I might try to enact my revenge ;)
You too, Martin, John and I had a great time at a fantastic, and very welcoming, tournament! We’ll be back :) Hopefully we’ll get another face-to-face game as our game was very memorable - thanks again!

(And Blackpool centre on a Saturday night was, as forewarned... interesting 😀.)

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
And I thought that our parliament was confusing....
It's not that confusing. It's all become confusing because of that dreaded 'Law of unintended consequence'.

They were never thinking about Ireland at any point when the original concept of a Referendum on exiting the EU was developed.

They just assumed, as an island, that the UK could crack on and do it. The problem being that the UK is not an island.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You too, Martin, John and I had a great time at a fantastic, and very welcoming, tournament! We’ll be back :) Hopefully we’ll get another face-to-face game as our game was very memorable - thanks again!

(And Blackpool centre on a Saturday night was, as forewarned... interesting 😀.)
People who bring nice whiskey and a cracking game are always welcome back :)

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
800,000 Remain voters marched in London. Leave voters marching from Sunderland to London. Farage’s follies. They paid £50 each.

They’ll need to cover 20 miles a day, every day, until 29th March,. Do they look like people who could manage that? Another lack of preparation by Brexiteers. I’m keen to see how many people are left after the weekend.

Last edited:

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Dear EU
Things not going particularly well here. It's not my fault, it's everyone else's, including - if I might say so - yours. And this after we pulled your sorry arses from defeat in two world wars against (first) Kaiser Bill and (second) Hitler. As an aside, Angela, I'm sure you didn't have too much to do with that, so I'm not blaming you personally. Much.
But leaving that aside, it is in your own interests to give us a flexible extension so we can retreat behind the White Cliffs of Dover and sort ourselves out. Might be next week, might have to wait a little while, but I have this cunning and highly secret plan (sush - don't tell anyone, but it's to keep resubmitting my very own WA until everyone else gives up and the ERG are all dead! I can get round the Bercow by changing it every time by writing in the exit date as a week further on from the last exit date. He'll never twig!)
So there y'go. Can't fail. Now you have to do your bit by granting an indefinite extension.
yours, as ever,
Your friend Teresa May (Prime Minister of GB, at the time of writing)

From a Guardian poster

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If only May would have listened to Donald Sr, everything would have been stupendous.

Theresa May should have taken my father's advice on Brexit

ext Friday, March 29, is supposed to be the British people’s Independence Day. But because the elites control London from Brussels, the will of the people is likely to be ignored.
Don't you love when the sons of billionaires talk about the will of the people? In this case a dingleberry from taint of Trump's ass. Soon to be indicted.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Teresa May consistent, lambasting the UK Parliament for not accepting the deal.

Desperation

Things can always be settled at the very, very last minute with a limited extension in the picture. A credible no-deal threat would help.

Last edited: