• Total voters

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llRussia
johnson is claiming he has a deal. Cracking quote following his speech.

I don't think I've ever read such a disjointed, badly drafted speech from any prime minister as the one delivered by Johnson yesterday. Totally lacking in gravitas, the whole thing was an embarrassing muddle.

Or, as Graham Lithgow put it, "Not to call Boris Johnson incoherent, but you'd get more sense out of a lethally intoxicated acid casualty attempting to recite the Gettysburg Address with a swarm of locusts in his mouth".
He makes sound that we've been really shit for 47 years. Interesting that most of those years the Tory Psychopaths have been at the helm.

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
johnson is claiming he has a deal. Cracking quote following his speech.

I don't think I've ever read such a disjointed, badly drafted speech from any prime minister as the one delivered by Johnson yesterday. Totally lacking in gravitas, the whole thing was an embarrassing muddle.

Or, as Graham Lithgow put it, "Not to call Boris Johnson incoherent, but you'd get more sense out of a lethally intoxicated acid casualty attempting to recite the Gettysburg Address with a swarm of locusts in his mouth".
Lacking a bit in logic too...just a couple of snippets...

Free trade is being choked
Not by the EU, which has free trade between all members, but you didn't want that did you Boris?

The mercantilists are everywhere, the protectionists are gaining ground.
Indeed, the guy in the White House who you hope to be best buddies with being one...

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Baldrick: "What I want to know, Sir, is, before there was a Referendum there were lots of different Countries that all belonged to the EU. And now there's one Country that wants to leave – well only some of the people in the Country want to leave. So what I want to know is, how did we get from one state of affairs to the other state of affairs."

Blackadder: "Baldrick. Do you mean, how did Brexit start?"

Baldrick: "Yes, Sir."

Blackadder: "Well, you see Baldrick, back in the 1960s there were many different countries all running their own finances and using different types of money. On one side you had the major economies of France, Belgium, Holland and Germany. They got together and decided that it would be much easier for everyone if they could all trade in the same Common Market to help with free trade and to make life in Europe better for everyone. Then the numbers of countries got bigger.

They decided that they would pass laws to protect workers rights, and to make water cleaner and the air quality improve. They stopped dumping sewage in the sea. They also allowed people to travel from country to Country with having to stop at Customs and they had free medical insurance when they were ill. This meant that there could never be a situation whereby Europe would never have social unrest, wars and crises."

Then UKIP wanted to stop all this. They wanted to UK to stop trading with a massive trading block, they wanted London to stop being a major financial centre. They want to trade with the rest of the World – places like Tuvalu, Vatican City and Greenland. This was their plan.

Baldrick: "But this is sort of a crisis, isn't it Sir?"

Blackadder: "That's right Baldrick. You see, there was only one slight flaw with the plan."

Baldrick: "What was that then, Sir?"

Blackadder: "It was Bollocks."

Brilliant, I wish I'd written it...

Last edited:

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
"This isn't the Brexit I voted for."

Brilliant. I'm looking forward to hearing lots more like this as the chickens come home to roost. And looking forward to strolling through immigration on the continent past the slowly-moving British passport queue. I wouldn't be surprised if the local immigration officers never have more than one booth open... 😄

Edit: It seems that that was actually posted by a parody account. Still, Poe's Law...

Last edited:

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
In 2016 we had a choice. Destroy the Tory party and save the country or save the Tory party and destroy the country. The rest is history.

Toby Pilling

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
We've left the EU now. Some posters on this forum need to stop banging on about Europe, lest they start being seen as fruitcakes and loons...

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
We've left the EU now. Some posters on this forum need to stop banging on about Europe, lest they start being seen as fruitcakes and loons...
Thought we were still paying and are bound by their laws, still in the single market etc. Etc. Still, I suppose there are some fruitcakes and loons who’ve yet to absorb those simple facts

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Handbagging at 3 paces Randy will allow. Name calling is right out (yes, I have ran afoul of this in the past and realize the hypocrisy of me trying to enforce this). Don't make me pull this car over ;) -- jim