• Total voters

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llRussia
Trump lite. He can say and do (or not do) absolutely anything he likes and enough people will vote for him to become PM because....Brexit.

I don't have a single clue why the opposition parties allowed him a General Election, such that he could ambush it using Brexit and harden his position towards a no deal Brexit. He got his Bill through Parliament on the first vote, then Parliament simply voted against the timetable. He then withdrew his Bill. At THAT point why the fuck didn't Parliament just say "uh...ok....then lets see what you've got next".

Sigh

I genuinely think it's one of the largest strategical political mistakes anyone will ever make

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Trump lite. He can say and do (or not do) absolutely anything he likes and enough people will vote for him to become PM because....Brexit.

I don't have a single clue why the opposition parties allowed him a General Election, such that he could ambush it using Brexit and harden his position towards a no deal Brexit. He got his Bill through Parliament on the first vote, then Parliament simply voted against the timetable. He then withdrew his Bill. At THAT point why the fuck didn't Parliament just say "uh...ok....then lets see what you've got next".

Sigh

I genuinely think it's one of the largest strategical political mistakes anyone will ever make
Apart from Brexit 😚

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Johnson, he’s such a shifty-looking fucker. He constantly looks like he's just shat in your sock drawer and is just waiting for you to find it.

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
'Falsehood flies," Swift wrote,'& truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, &the tale hath had its effect…like a physician, who hath found out an infallible med, after the patient is dead.'

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
“The cosy stitch-up between Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson told us two things. It did make the electoral arithmetic much more difficult. The second thing is it shows quite how far Boris Johnson’s party has moved to the extreme. There are clearly many seats that are Tory-held that we’d have had a much better chance of winning had the Brexit party not stood aside for the Conservatives.”

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llRussia
“The cosy stitch-up between Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson told us two things. It did make the electoral arithmetic much more difficult. The second thing is it shows quite how far Boris Johnson’s party has moved to the extreme. There are clearly many seats that are Tory-held that we’d have had a much better chance of winning had the Brexit party not stood aside for the Conservatives.”

It was obvious it was going to happen.

They should NEVER have given the Tories the General Election the Tories desperately wanted. A huge strategic error. They did. And by doing so they've given us full steam ahead for a no deal Brexit. Idiots. All of them (except the Tories, who are psychopathic cunts...but not stupid).

That stitch up between Farage and the Tories was planned and strategised a long time back. And it's so emphatic a stitch up that Farage has deemed it worthwhile destroying his own reputation within his own party to enable it. I suspect there is a peerage, or some form of major financial award, for it. Furthermore, no one seems to have given any thought as to why he went from being strongly opposed to 'The Deal' to a position of backing the Tories. Simple....this is the first step of going down the road to a No Deal Brexit which is what Farage wants, and what Farage has been promised by Johnson is going to happen. It's as clear as day.

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
They should NEVER have given the Tories the General Election the Tories desperately wanted. A huge strategic error. They did. And by doing so they've given us full steam ahead for a no deal Brexit. Idiots. All of them (except the Tories, who are psychopathic cunts...but not stupid).
Well, I am not too deep into British party politics, but it seems to me that Corbyn has never personally had much love for the EU an maybe even sympathies for the Brexit. So giving the opportunity for General Election might be a way to intentionally allow it.

Given that the country is roughly divided i half, it still amazes me that the Tory opposition seems unable or unwilling to develop some sort of sharp profile (unless the Liberals possibly) and/or ally against the Brexit in the way Farage and the Tories do.

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Boris’ deal. The simplified version. They said a new deal could not be negotiated but he got one. This is consistently portrayed as some sort of triumph by the Tories. What he actually did was this,

. If I agree to buy a car for £10k and the seller says that’s the best deal you’re going to get, no further negotiation and I say no I’ll get a better deal. Then I go back and pay £11k and brag about how I got a deal when the seller said no further negotiation.

so there you have it

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
EU migrants have been able to “treat the UK as if it’s part of their own country” for too long, Boris Johnson said yesterday as he reprised the core message of Vote Leave’s 2016 EU referendum campaign.

nice

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
EU migrants have been able to “treat the UK as if it’s part of their own country” for too long, Boris Johnson said yesterday as he reprised the core message of Vote Leave’s 2016 EU referendum campaign.

nice
Yes, I'm so looking forward to the continental cattle wagons bringing UK citizens to Calais for onward shipping to Dover and Blighty.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar

nice
Yesterday I heard in the radio, that immigration into the UK has not diminished. However, what has changed is from where the people are coming: Used to be mainly from within the EU. Now it is more from India, Pakistan, and China.

Is that what the opponents of immigration wanted?

Last edited: