The British European Referendum

Should Britain leave the EU?

• Total voters

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
He's right. It's all a sham. The EU are being set up by Johnson, who with the support from his Press Lackeys and people like Toby, will blame the EU for our inability to exit in an orderly manner, with the hope that they can sell this to the country and to Parliament.

The EU should stand firm. Confirm that the deal already on the table is the deal and refuse an extension. Brexit is then effectively dead I hope.

One thing that totally intrigues me. What actually is Johnson asking for? Clearly there's nothing in writing as yet (and won't be) but WHAT THE FUCK is it he actually wants the EU to cede ?
Doesn’t matter, even if he got the EU to change everything, he won’t, the only deal on offer is May’s deal, the ERG and Farage still wouldn’t accept it.

As I noted in one of my early posts you can choose to ignore reality but can’t ignore the consequence of ignoring reality. The oaf will do what he perceives is most beneficial to the oaf and his career. ‘‘Twas ever thus”

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Of course, here is something dated 2018, to understand that, in five years, situation has just worsened.

And below, something of 2019

To be clear, you are posting quotes from top sante and tvinfo and expecting to be taken seriously? Got any links to data from the medical profession or medical authorities? To support what tv weekly has to say?

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llRussia
Doesn’t matter, even if he got the EU to change everything, he won’t, the only deal on offer is May’s deal, the ERG and Farage still wouldn’t accept it.

As I noted in one of my early posts you can choose to ignore reality but can’t ignore the consequence of ignoring reality. The oaf will do what he perceives is most beneficial to the oaf and his career. ‘‘Twas ever thus”
Which is why I'm glad that Parliament has taken control.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
To be clear, you are posting quotes from top sante and tvinfo and expecting to be taken seriously? Got any links to data from the medical profession or medical authorities? To support what tv weekly has to say?
There you can find the medicaments out out supply or in short supply in Spain, list given by the government. Six months list.

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
I'm just saying that I keep hearing that 'experts say this' and 'experts say that'. They're not always neutral and impartial though, are they? No-one is, of course, but let's stop pretending that they all exhibit some kind of saintly, other-worldly perfection.
The people whose articles you link to so frequently certainly aren't neutral or impartial, but amazingly, that doesn't stop you deeming their utterances credible, even though they are less expert than the experts whose opinions you're happy to toss in the wastebasket because they don't suit your agenda. Funny that...

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
There you can find the medicaments out out supply or in short supply in Spain, list given by the government. Six months list.

Thanks. Sadly I only speak and read English with a schoolboy smattering of French. But thanks for taking the time to respond to my previous post. 👍🏻 Why is there a shortage in Spain?

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Thanks. Sadly I only speak and read English with a schoolboy smattering of French. But thanks for taking the time to respond to my previous post. 👍🏻 Why is there a shortage in Spain?
Is a link to Human Use medicines (medicamentosUsoHumano) with supply problems (problemasSuministro) from our goberment. If now you can have supply problems with medicines...What can happen with disrupted supply chains after hard Brexit?

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
The English SC has ruled that BloJob's prorogue coup is illegal. The Asylum will be open for business again.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
The bancruptcy of Thomas Cook - surely, it has numerous reasons.

But what do you think the (impending ?) Brexit had to do with it. Has it been a significant factor or not?

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llRussia
The bancruptcy of Thomas Cook - surely, it has numerous reasons.

But what do you think the (impending ?) Brexit had to do with it. Has it been a significant factor or not?
No. I've not even heard Brexit mentioned by anyone in relation to Thomas Cook.

Too many shops in a time when people can buy online is what's tanked them. Been coming for years.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
No. I've not even heard Brexit mentioned by anyone in relation to Thomas Cook.

Too many shops in a time when people can buy online is what's tanked them. Been coming for years.
Over here they agree on its being coming for years and the reasons for it. But they also contemplate if the weak British Pound making vacation more expensive and added caution of the British in spending caused by the Brexit insecurity may have come in as factors to tip the scales.

This is why I was interested in the British perception and what is - or is not - the opinion in the various media there.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
The UNITED KINGDOM Supreme Court...

Just saying...
UNITED! Seriously, I mean SERIOUSLY!

England and it's Scottish, Welsh, Manx and N. Irish colonies, maybe, but the United Kingdom?

Last edited:

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llRussia
UNITED! Seriously, I mean SERIOUSLY!

England and it's Scottish, Welsh, Manx and N. Irish colonies, maybe, but the United Kingdom?
Quite.

But it was ultimately a Scottish Court which just brought that prorogation down.

It's clear that Brexit isn't very compatible with a 'United' Kingdom. Nor a United England, or Wales for that matter either.