The British European Referendum

Should Britain leave the EU?

• Total voters

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I agree with almost everything you say but not this.

He struggles to string a coherent sentence together and very little that emanates from his mouth makes any sense whatsoever. He flounders around in politics making an absolute imbecile of himself and embarrassing us as a nation.

One of Gove's supporter when comparing the two, Gove and Johnson, spoke of Gove being a deep thinker who, given a brief would study it in full, parse all the finer detail, raise objections, queries, potential issues, potential solutions. Whereas, asked about Johnson, he stated "Boris wouldn't read the brief at all".

He's a moron. I think you are mistaking privilege for intelligence/cleverness to be honest. I think he is actually deeply stupid. He'll get found out.
I can believe tgat of Michael Gove. He has to fight to get where he is and is at heart a good guy. Never going to lead the Tories though....too Scottish.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
An inconvenient truth which seems, for some reason, to consistently get ignored.

All that needed to be done for Brexit to happen was the psychopaths in power, with their new cuckoo mates in Northern Ireland, to vote it through. What the Labour and Lib Dem 'remoaners' then voted for would have been entirely irrelevant. But these are Tories you're dealing with. They don't give a fuck what happens to this country (because they'll be ok). Party first with that bunch of loons. Always.
I'm not going to blame the UUP here. They have been very consistent with their "treat NI the same as the UK" stance. The fact it brings the deal down has been irrelevant. But like the SNP, they have been clear and resolute.

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I stand corrected. What I meant to say is that there are some Remainers who seem to think that democracy is a rather arcane, esoteric subject, the discussion of which is akin to arguments over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.
make a new plan Stan, don't need to be coy Roy....

What's plan? A simple question that you don't seem to be able to provide a coherent answer to.

Last edited:

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Another day, another venue, same old head boy contest: Charterhouse v Eton shaking the magic money tree to see who can conjure up the most mythical cash.

Seriously folks, who apart from brainwashed cultists, instilled with blind faith in their prophet, BoZo the clown, believe any of this cack?

Both busy making their pitch to a tiny minority of a tiny minority. Even in the entire UK, the Tory Party has only 160,000 members. It'd be more democratic if our next PM were elected by:

• National Trust: 5.6M
• RSPB: 1.1M
• Camping & Caravan Club: 600K
• Girl-guiding UK: 540K
• Youth Hostels Assoc.: 170K

But, unlike Labour, they did win a majority in the last GE… oh, yeah, neither did the Tories.

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I stand corrected. What I meant to say is that there are some Remainers who seem to think that democracy is a rather arcane, esoteric subject, the discussion of which is akin to arguments over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.
Why is it OK for businesses to close and folk to lose their jobs because of Brexit?

Arm waving waffle about 'sovereignty' and 'Democracy' is NOT an answer. That does not pay mortgages, put food on the table or clothe your kids.

Please explain

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Sorry, changing your mind is not allowed when it comes to anything Brexit related. It isn't democratic.

Toby Pilling

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Sorry, changing your mind is not allowed when it comes to anything Brexit related. It isn't democratic.
Insulting Brexiteers never ends, as Matthew Goodwin points out here:

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Insulting Brexiteers never ends, as Matthew Goodwin points out here:

Brilliant. This article just drips irony from start to finish. It could almost be satire. Pity the author lacks the self-awareness to see it.

As for insults, well the Mail should know, being expert in that department...

Sparafucil3

Elder Member
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Arm waving waffle about 'sovereignty' and 'Democracy' is NOT an answer. That does not pay mortgages, put food on the table or clothe your kids.
I have no dog in this fight but isn't this the same argument used against progress? Should we still pay people to make wagon wheels and buggy whips? -- jim

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Brexiteers are apparently ready to tarnish the international standing of the UK by leaking diplomatic material, paralysing the Foreign Office's capability to issue confidentially the best possible analysis to its Government.

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Brexiteers are apparently ready to tarnish the international standing of the UK by leaking diplomatic material, paralysing the Foreign Office's capability to issue confidentially the best possible analysis to its Government.
They're apparently also ready to scupper the talks about the brave new world of free trade they were predicting between post-Brexit Britain and the U.S.

Oops...

Toby Pilling

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Trump's telling you guys what to do and if you know what's good for you little "kingdom" you should pay attention. We didn't become the best country in the world by ignoring Trump.

Last edited:

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I have no dog in this fight but isn't this the same argument used against progress? Should we still pay people to make wagon wheels and buggy whips? -- jim
Progress implies improvement, replacing buggy wheels and whips with something better and more efficient creates work and in general terms improves people lives. I have yet to read or hear anything even remotely coherent on how Brexit will improve the lives of the people in the U.K.

Last edited: