The British European Referendum

Should Britain leave the EU?

• Total voters

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ha! You finally did it! I knew you would - it was only a matter of time.

You compared Brexiteers to the Nazis.

Bravo:

I didn’t, I posted a picture and invited comment. You drew the comparison and interestingly you were the only one to reply. I’ll leave it to others to draw their own conclusions on that. Bravo 👏

Nice attempt at deflection though.

Still waiting for the plan, how’s that going? Are we still in the ‘We won, we’re leaving, get over it snowflake’ mode or do you actually have something constructive to add to the debate other than the increasingly tedious ‘will a da people’ meme? We know that Leave won, we know, everybody knows. What we don’t know and what you are, thus far, spectacularly failing to articulate, is what leave will do with that victory and how we will be better off outside the EU.

Over to you.

Last edited:

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Still waiting for the plan,
To help, here are a few questions that need to be answered in case of a no-deal:

• should British farmers receive the same level of income support as in the CAP?
  • should British industries receive state subsidies to make them more competitive?
  • should national social, health and environmental standards be lowered to enable trade agreements with non-european partners?
  • should the level of annual immigration flows be adjusted downward, and if so which countries should be targeted?
  • should the pound be devaluated to compensate tariff and non-tariff trade barriers?
The list goes on and on.

These questions I am not going to suggest any answer, as it the duty of those advocating the new course to answer.

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I keep asking this question of Brexists and have not yet had an answer - despite Hunt's attempt on the Andrew Marr show:

Why is it OK for businesses to close and folk to lose their jobs because of Brexit?

Arm waving waffle about 'sovereignty' and 'Democracy' is NOT an answer. That does not pay mortgages, put food on the table or clothe your kids.

Please explain

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llRussia
I keep asking this question of Brexists and have not yet had an answer - despite Hunt's attempt on the Andrew Marr show:

Why is it OK for businesses to close and folk to lose their jobs because of Brexit?

Arm waving waffle about 'sovereignty' and 'Democracy' is NOT an answer. That does not pay mortgages, put food on the table or clothe your kids.

Please explain
An actual quote from your next Prime Minister...

"Fuck business"

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llRussia
To help, here are a few questions that need to be answered in case of a no-deal:

• should British farmers receive the same level of income support as in the CAP?
  • should British industries receive state subsidies to make them more competitive?
  • should national social, health and environmental standards be lowered to enable trade agreements with non-european partners?
  • should the level of annual immigration flows be adjusted downward, and if so which countries should be targeted?
  • should the pound be devaluated to compensate tariff and non-tariff trade barriers?
The list goes on and on.

These questions I am not going to suggest any answer, as it the duty of those advocating the new course to answer.
They'll just mumble and grumble about Sovereignty and "taking back control". You'll get no answers.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llRussia
Hard to imagine what goes on in the type of brain that comes out and says stuff like that isn't it ?

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

The list goes on and on.

Regarding farming:

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hey Bob! I do hope we eventually manage to leave the EU. The problem is that there are dark, anti-democratic forces at work here who never accepted the legitimacy of the referendum and are determined to overturn it.
I pray the will of the people prevails.
Dark anti democratic forces at work? FFS get a grip and dry your eyes princess.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
If Boris gets into No. 10 will he be a plain clown or IT disguised as a clown?

Toby Pilling

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well, it is an abstract concept. Or do you believe there is a "democracy" object we can touch?
I stand corrected. What I meant to say is that there are some Remainers who seem to think that democracy is a rather arcane, esoteric subject, the discussion of which is akin to arguments over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I stand corrected. What I meant to say is that there are some Remainers who seem to think that democracy is a rather arcane, esoteric subject, the discussion of which is akin to arguments over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.
And the Brexiteers don't? They get offered a deal which takes us out of the EU but reject it. They decided not to implement the result of the referendum.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llRussia
And the Brexiteers don't? They get offered a deal which takes us out of the EU but reject it. They decided not to implement the result of the referendum.
An inconvenient truth which seems, for some reason, to consistently get ignored.

All that needed to be done for Brexit to happen was the psychopaths in power, with their new cuckoo mates in Northern Ireland, to vote it through. What the Labour and Lib Dem 'remoaners' then voted for would have been entirely irrelevant. But these are Tories you're dealing with. They don't give a fuck what happens to this country (because they'll be ok). Party first with that bunch of loons. Always.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llRussia
Boris is a very very clever man. Dangerous and amoral but never stupid.
I agree with almost everything you say but not this.

He struggles to string a coherent sentence together and very little that emanates from his mouth makes any sense whatsoever. He flounders around in politics making an absolute imbecile of himself and embarrassing us as a nation.

One of Gove's supporter when comparing the two, Gove and Johnson, spoke of Gove being a deep thinker who, given a brief would study it in full, parse all the finer detail, raise objections, queries, potential issues, potential solutions. Whereas, asked about Johnson, he stated "Boris wouldn't read the brief at all".

He's a moron. I think you are mistaking privilege for intelligence/cleverness to be honest. I think he is actually deeply stupid. He'll get found out.